Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
It's fine.. I'll just return it, thanks..

I blame Google, other phone manufacturers have solutions to this. You can't count on developers to update their apps, that takes years.

I agree, Google have the power to do a simple fix of expand apps in settings.

It took Google far too long to add simple things like extended screenshots for example. And no news on simple face unlock, I mean come on Google.

Permabanned
I agree, Google have the power to do a simple fix of expand apps in settings.

It took Google far too long to add simple things like extended screenshots for example. And no news on simple face unlock, I mean come on Google.

Used to have a Pixel C many years ago so know full well what Google are like when it comes to fixing issues they create with software and design choices. I assumed after years with a punch hole they would have sorted this, never assume anything with Google is the lesson here.

Oh well, it's on it's way back to them.... Lets see what OnePlus 10 Pro offers, other than bending.. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
sold my 6 today, back on the 5 full time after mixing between the two.
I'll be putting the 5 and 6 up for sale soon. Waited for the bugs to be fixed on 6. I haven't used it since December. 5 is such a nice phone to hold. Miss it big time just wish it had faster storage and better video recording.

Soldato
I've now gone back to my OnePlus 6T.
Whilst it's a step down in most respects, using a phone that isn't constantly dropping the signal is an absolute joy.

I'll be taking the truly terrible Pixel 6 Pro back to Currys/CPW after work tonight.

Soldato
Been having some really odd issues since the most recent update - being unable to scroll down some menus in the phone's settings being one; it just gives the 'bounce' like you are at the bottom, but clearly aren't. I've also had problems swiping the top menu away - usually I can swipe down to bring it up, then swipe up to send it away, but a few times I have had to use the side swipe gesture to dismiss this.

The worst issue though, is being unable to move the brightness slider! Pulling down the menu from the top (x2) than then trying to move the slider, results in the button below the slider being selected instead! Mind you, I do occasionally get problems with the phone registering touch inputs in the correct location – I find it the most when browsing this forum, I go to select the last page of a thread, and end up in a User’s profile page lol. This happened on the last P6 I had RMA’d too (the poor touch location I mean) – and having the increased touch setting on or off, or a screen protection on or off makes no difference.

If it wasn’t for the fact I got this phone at such a good price, and value the camera on it, then I would happily flog this and get something else, or go back to my S9+

Soldato
Been having some really odd issues since the most recent update - being unable to scroll down some menus in the phone's settings being one; it just gives the 'bounce' like you are at the bottom, but clearly aren't. I've also had problems swiping the top menu away - usually I can swipe down to bring it up, then swipe up to send it away, but a few times I have had to use the side swipe gesture to dismiss this.

The worst issue though, is being unable to move the brightness slider! Pulling down the menu from the top (x2) than then trying to move the slider, results in the button below the slider being selected instead! Mind you, I do occasionally get problems with the phone registering touch inputs in the correct location – I find it the most when browsing this forum, I go to select the last page of a thread, and end up in a User’s profile page lol. This happened on the last P6 I had RMA’d too (the poor touch location I mean) – and having the increased touch setting on or off, or a screen protection on or off makes no difference.

If it wasn’t for the fact I got this phone at such a good price, and value the camera on it, then I would happily flog this and get something else, or go back to my S9+

Have you had it replaced at least once?

My first 6 Pro was right dodgy, second one has been spot on.

Soldato
one I had replaced seems fine. reception seems to be behaving, FPR seems okay and registers all attempts

things i've noticed :
google assistant switches itself on on screen randomly not asked...

when wirelessly charging in the car, charging stops - overheating?

Soldato
what launchers you guys are using?
need bigger grid on the home screen ... and unified icons - themed icons will do but some are not affected and it just looks odd...

Man of Honour
After the March update I started to get an intermittent stutter when flipping between apps which seems to have been solved since installing the April patch.

Soldato
I noticed a couple of apps "losing" connection after the March update, but I thought it was due to it not liking my mesh Wi-Fi when moving from one node to the other. However after the April update last night and today they seem to be stable.

Back
Top Bottom