Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Poor camera quality?

That's a first.

Fingerprint reader is a biometric sensor.
My bad, I was referring to face recognition by biometric sensor. Teaches me to maybe wake up before I type :p

I always understood the Google phones to have outstanding cameras for their generation but I've been reading some comments from people who were underwhelmed after upgrading. I think the main gripe was with the front facing camera. Admittedly the source isn't solid/dependable but it was enough to make me want to check/verify those claims here.

Soldato
My bad, I was referring to face recognition by biometric sensor. Teaches me to maybe wake up before I type :p

I always understood the Google phones to have outstanding cameras for their generation but I've been reading some comments from people who were underwhelmed after upgrading. I think the main gripe was with the front facing camera. Admittedly the source isn't solid/dependable but it was enough to make me want to check/verify those claims here.

:p

The cameras are excellent, no 2 ways about it.

I'd recommend ordering from Google and try it out. I have some discount codes via Unidays if you want them.

150 off + 5% on the pro

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

I think there is something there from what I've seen in my research. Comparatively the 6 main sensor doesn't produce a big jump over the older sensor found in previous Pixel phones. There's also a general consensus that when the Pixel hits, it produces very good photos. However, there is much talk about inconsistent results e.g. white balance being off, over sharpening and aggressively bringing up shadows to create a flat looking photo. The front facing camera appears to be behind the competition and the ultra wide is average.

Soldato
There's a big difference in how the new main sensor handles low light and general dynamic range. And it's only getting better.

And the pixel cams does the least level over sharpening vs other brands, its what makes them look like a photo from a dedicated cam

And let's take a minute at how well the colours are reproduced, especially skin tones.

Associate
zero problems here as well.

almost got used to the finger reader now.

battery is good.

phone case is only on when im cycling to improve grip while taking it out on the move
Out of interest what car are you guys running it in. I've got an Audi (b9) and it's been a pain, I used a pixel 3 before for a week when I got my car last year and since the p6 pro it's never been right for me.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Clue in my signature, MK7 Golf here (Discover Pro Nav). No problems with Android Auto. However i did have an older cable ages ago and it was noticeably slower to connect and in general usage (moving around in maps for example) over my current cable, so I'd say it's worth getting a decent one, I know the original cable I used wasn't the greatest...

Associate
Can anyone comment on Google's return policy? If I was to try out a pixel 6 pro and not be happy with it for whatever reason, can I just send it back?
I found it very good. Keep every thing you get, if you don't like it ,log into your store account and click the return button, print out the two pages rma no and dilevery label, book a collection from and that it

Soldato
I was going to mull over buying a new handset for a bit longer but our Huawei Mate 20 Pro handsets are acting up more and more.

One more question for handset owners - how satisfied are you with the fingerprint sensor? I have read that it can be a bit faffy by not working first try or two, but a work-around would be to register the same finger twice?

Soldato
I was going to mull over buying a new handset for a bit longer but our Huawei Mate 20 Pro handsets are acting up more and more.

One more question for handset owners - how satisfied are you with the fingerprint sensor? I have read that it can be a bit faffy by not working first try or two, but a work-around would be to register the same finger twice?

The only time I have issues is when I try and use it at work but then I work in a chippy so always have greasy/dirty hands. Apart from that it's fine.

Soldato
face detection ?
Sadly not.

But we do get gay pride wallpapers...

Soldato
Still having issues with Android Auto after all this time. Regularly receive a message that I can't use it with the cable I have, but restarting the phone fixes the issue everytime so it's not the cable. Never happened with any of my Samsung phones or my wife's S10 in the same car (Zafira).

Is a lottery when I plug my phone in if it will decide to work that day or not. Not the end of the world I know but always decides to go up the creek when I'm late or in a rush...

Back
Top Bottom