Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Does anyone have a Ryzen 3000/5000 system to test with? I think I worked out why my P6 Pro doesn't always go to file transfer mode when connecting via USB, tapping the option it tries for a bit then flips back to charging mode, takes a few goes for it to actually go into file transfer mode. Yet testing it on an Intel system it changes over straight away without issue. Haven't had this issue with my previous phones but I'm curious if that's to do with the USB chip used in the P6 not liking AMD's USB controller.

Soldato
Does anyone have a Ryzen 3000/5000 system to test with? I think I worked out why my P6 Pro doesn't always go to file transfer mode when connecting via USB, tapping the option it tries for a bit then flips back to charging mode, takes a few goes for it to actually go into file transfer mode. Yet testing it on an Intel system it changes over straight away without issue. Haven't had this issue with my previous phones but I'm curious if that's to do with the USB chip used in the P6 not liking AMD's USB controller.
I have a Ryzen 3900X setup, will have a check this evening for you.

Soldato
Any good sim free deals?
Even if it’s refurbished got a relative looking for a Pixel 6

There's been a few posted on deal sites over the past few weeks. I could be mistaken but I think the best offer for the moment is £160 Google Store credit if you buy directly from Google.

If they can hold off a couple of months though I'm sure it will come down even more in price when the 7 launches. Could even have some good deals on the 6a

Associate
Soldato
I tested this out just now. I'm seeing the same issue. Will try with different cable / usb port later.

Soldato
Does it on my i5 4th gen desktop. Using a better cable fixes it for me.
Had some new ugreen cables arrive the other day and just tested with those, they work completely fine straight away. My Anker, Aukey and OP cables have the issue though.

At least I know it's not an AMD issue based on the other posts and seems more like the phone is fussy with the cable used. Thanks everyone, going to see if the problem eventually crops up again due to wear and tear on the cable.

Soldato
After the latest patch and fiddling with my network I can finally say my pixel is performing the best it ever has, I've not had a single bug in days and I've never dropped connection once. I've refrained from trading it in and changing handsets and I can finally say I'm happy.

My fingerprint has been 100% success rate too. Unbelievable Jeff!!

Back
Top Bottom