• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Metro Exodus plays fantastic. No issues at-all. Completely forgot it's being streamed, as Stadia should be, now if they can keep this up with other visually impressive games then there is hope for the Platform.

Soldato
Family life has taken most of my time but I have set myself a goal of finishing TR:20th Anniversary before my 3 months runs out at the end of Feb... Will likely keep the sub going as I haven't 'bought' any games on it yet, just claimed the pro games.

As Stadia Base isn't out yet I really am wondering what will happen when subs run out... Will you be able to play any of the games you have bought? I haven't read any clear documentation

Soldato
Family life has taken most of my time but I have set myself a goal of finishing TR:20th Anniversary before my 3 months runs out at the end of Feb... Will likely keep the sub going as I haven't 'bought' any games on it yet, just claimed the pro games.

As Stadia Base isn't out yet I really am wondering what will happen when subs run out... Will you be able to play any of the games you have bought? I haven't read any clear documentation

Yes games you buy will still work but streamed at 1080p max, I haven't used mine much recently because my internet has been playing up, but also because games like Journey to the Savage planet released so i have been having great fun on that and npw I've restarted Div2 on the PS4, Mainly use Stadia when i put the kids to bed.

Soldato
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is now in the Pro Sale for anyone interested - £16.50

So far Stadia seems to have completely random sales. Not like in Nintendo Switch where games are rotated for sale every Thursday.

Soldato
Quite telling that the majority of posts have came from one member. Certainly shows how poorly Google launched / marketed this thing.

I wonder if Google realised it was going to struggle and figured they wouldn't waste any money on trying to promote it.

Pretty depressing outlook when it's got a handful of pretty stale games and no enthusiasm from any tech people on YouTube or the press.

Soldato
Quite telling that the majority of posts have came from one member. Certainly shows how poorly Google launched / marketed this thing.

I wonder if Google realised it was going to struggle and figured they wouldn't waste any money on trying to promote it.

Pretty depressing outlook when it's got a handful of pretty stale games and no enthusiasm from any tech people on YouTube or the press.

I'm baffled if anyone was ever optimistic this was going to take off. I've no experience with the product as it doesnt do anything better I cant already or want to do but I'm sure it still has a role for some.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

I have been thinking the same but decided not to bother posting as he seems to get defensive for some reason.

Soldato
It was always DOA. It's a terrible value proposition and Goofle were FOS about it, it looks like an alpha test bed which Goofle thought they'd put out there while scamming some cash from early adopters. A pre-planned cash-grab they haven't erven tried to make work properly and make good on their advertised feature set, they simply went with a MVP and then ran off to the hills laughing. Developers and publishers don't care/don't want their productsd on GS either and have even said Goofle's offers were a joke.

The poll on this very thread on a forum stuffed to the gills with gamers and tech heads, people who will early adopt anything and buy anything tech related at exorbitant prices, yet 75% said they were not buying Stadia.

I feel sorry for people at the casual end of gaming who genuinely felt that GS hit their precise niche and bought it, I suspect (and the poll reflects this perfectly) the more seasoned gamer community knew offered no value and that the tech and the content also were not present.

No doubt some have enjoyed their time with GS but they'll be the in small minority. It will be kept alive for a while until better streaming services like X-cloud etc come fully to market, and then it will just be a matter of time before Goofle consign Stadia to their extensive graveyard - if they can find room

Associate
I disagree.

I’ve been playing destiny on stadia since launch. I had pretty much stopped gaming before this.

Yesterday I dug my xbox one out for my 7 year old, paid for game pass ( which is good value) got him set up and he is happy.

in reality it was a proper faff. Downloading games takes a while, Signing in is slow and load times are a farce in comparison.

There were a few games on game pass I fancied a look at but when I sat down to play something last night I picked up the stadia controller just for ease.

There must be a load of people out there with similar habits to mine

Soldato
I am also really enjoying Stadia. I probably have more hours in CSGO then people have in their whole Steam library combined.

But with my change of family life stadia has been fantastic

Caporegime
I disagree.

I’ve been playing destiny on stadia since launch. I had pretty much stopped gaming before this.

Yesterday I dug my xbox one out for my 7 year old, paid for game pass ( which is good value) got him set up and he is happy.

in reality it was a proper faff. Downloading games takes a while, Signing in is slow and load times are a farce in comparison.

There were a few games on game pass I fancied a look at but when I sat down to play something last night I picked up the stadia controller just for ease.

There must be a load of people out there with similar habits to mine

The problem there is your Xbox, if signing in is slow then something is wrong your end, signing in is instant for me. Downloading games is also dependent on your internet so if you’ve got slow internet it will take a while, I have 220Mbps virgin internet and games download really quick.

Soldato
With the big streaming TV companies been asked to reduced their quality delivery to cause less strain on ISP's because so many people are now working from home. The big guys at Google must be thinking now world is definitely not ready for cloud gaming services such as Stadia.

Soldato
The problem there is your Xbox, if signing in is slow then something is wrong your end, signing in is instant for me. Downloading games is also dependent on your internet so if you’ve got slow internet it will take a while, I have 220Mbps virgin internet and games download really quick.

But the point is, sometimes you only have an hour to game. But if the first 10-15 minutes is eaten up by a large update and install, it really kills the mood if time is valuable. Stadia avoids this problem

Back
Top Bottom