• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I was thinking more the input lag especially as I'm using a Bluetooth controller not the Stadia controller over wi-fi.

I could be wrong, and I know ever ms counts for cloud gaming; but I'm sure I read a report stating there was not much increased latency using Bluetooth Vs WiFi

Soldato
I could be wrong, and I know ever ms counts for cloud gaming; but I'm sure I read a report stating there was not much increased latency using Bluetooth Vs WiFi

I've used both the Stadia pad and a DS4 via bluetooth on the Google TV stick and couldn't notice any difference, I found myself using the DS4 more as battery life is better, and it's also more comfy, and as the GGTV doesn't officially support Stadia the track pad on the DS4 works as a pointer which is great for navigating the UI.

Soldato
Nice lot of new sales and Trine 4 going to be a Pro game for May, really happy about that.

I'll finally pick up Immortals Fenyx Rising now it's down to £30, been waiting for a drop on that.

Now just waiting on Sekiro to drop in price again.

Soldato
Ubi+ rolling out now in the UK on Stadia

Excellent.

For anyone with a PC, the following games have cross-progression:
  • Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising
  • Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
  • Watch Dogs: Legion
Think I'll give this a go while I'm on holiday

Associate
I decided to give Stadia a go a few weeks back, I've been gaming since the Vic20 days through the C64 and Amiga and onto the PC, but have given it up probably 12 years ago due to work and homelife commitments.
It was more for curiosity having bought a new Chromecast which I wanted anyway. I picked up a controller from eBay and to be honest expected it to be fairly awful on my 67Mb sec FTTC connection which struggles for 40Mb on a good day.
I was very surprised to find the thing was like witchcraft and not the stuttery latent mess I thought it would be.
I've not really invested much since then but I am enjoying Destiny 2 a lot. I've bought RDR2 and Mk11 both on sale. I won't invest anything else for a bit as those will take me ages to finish.
But for me with no time to put into downloading and patching etc it works really well. Plus it's inspired me to upgrade the broadband to 500Mb FTTP (any other traffic on the network does turn it into a mess and at the moment I have to wait till everyone else has gone to bed!)

Anyway, it works for me, pleased with it so far.

Associate
Yes, they wouldn't have been my first choice, but the pricing is attractive and the 3 months free covers my exit from my existing ISP.
They seem to have a decent support team, though surprised Open Reach have done the first visit yet..

I don't really need 500 Mb but why not, plus it'll give me a push to wire the house with ethernet and/or stick a mesh network in.

As I said whilst the performance of Stadia has been incredibly impressive and I tried XCloud too which is variable, some games seem unplayable, any other user on my FTTC massively impacts Stadia. Should help, appreciate latency is the main factor.

Back
Top Bottom