• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Hmm interesting, so Amazon Prime has a tone of extra "channels" you can pay a few £ a month for. Movie, crime etc, they're quite specific, so it seems they're already experienced with bringing in existing content (some of the series on the channels are decades old).

That is key, Steam have a huge back catalogue of classic games.

Soldato
It's almost like they didn't want it to succeed because they have bloody-mindedly refused to listen to any common sense, feed back or criticism since its announcement. They have hugely under-delivered on features, antagonised developers, well before the latest Terreria episode, then opened and shut down a development division without releasing a single game, and most damningly of all have utterly refused to change their DOA business model.

Total ******* hubris as someone once said.

I get that for the nichest of nichey gamers it's got some value and a few people have enjoyed it, but it never have a chance of succeeding. Seems to me they threw it out there, saw that it wasn't going to gain enough traction very early on, and then have half-assed it's "deveolpment" until such a point in the the future when they can woodshed it.

Associate
I ended up playing the Hidden Depths Submerged game which is included with Pro yesterday. It is ridiculously simplistic, but rather pretty and for some reason quite engaging. I finished it in about 6 hours but it was rather diverting for a while. To be honest it could have been a mobile game.

Soldato
hsgcchuvk6j61.jpg

Soldato
Hadn't realised they were part of Google. That sucks big-time; Journey was a decent game. Shame it they wound up being closed instead of being spun off or sold.

Soldato
It's almost like they didn't want it to succeed because they have bloody-mindedly refused to listen to any common sense, feed back or criticism since its announcement.

Couldn't agree with you more, reminds me of Microsoft and Windows 8, the feedback was unanimous even before the official release but they just wouldn't listen thinking they know best.

I would be surprised if Stadia is still running by the end of this year, it may limp on for another year after that but I wouldn't put any money into this platform. It's highly likely you won't be able to access your games in 12 months time.

If they had gone with a Game Pass / Netflix model it may have been different.

Soldato
Couldn't agree with you more, reminds me of Microsoft and Windows 8, the feedback was unanimous even before the official release but they just wouldn't listen thinking they know best.

I would be surprised if Stadia is still running by the end of this year, it may limp on for another year after that but I wouldn't put any money into this platform. It's highly likely you won't be able to access your games in 12 months time.

If they had gone with a Game Pass / Netflix model it may have been different.

I suppose anything led by or involving Phil "Failing upwards" Harrison never had a cat in hell's chance, what a useless lying sack of excrement he is. An absolute vacuum of talent and decency.

The whole thing has been an exercise is corporate lying at it's "finest", I agree I think they'll woodshed Stadia next year, leaving customers without access to the games they paid for, which tbh isn't really fair but on the other hand everyone told Stadia customers said that's exacxtly what would happen.

Soldato
Big sale this week but sadly for me the game I'm looking at isn't on sale and hasn't been for a while.

Really eager to get my hands on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Associate
Got a second stadia for free. So I have paid nothing for both. I like the architecture and how it works. Shame google are likely dumping it soon

Back
Top Bottom