• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Associate
Fantastic, runs and looks great, has two option, has higher graphics and runs at 30fps, and a 60fps frame rate mode with lower graphics. Honestly graphically there isn't too much of difference and I player through the whole game at 60fps.

Theres still a few bugs, but it released in a much better state than the xbox1 and PS4 versions. Great game

Soldato
Fantastic, runs and looks great, has two option, has higher graphics and runs at 30fps, and a 60fps frame rate mode with lower graphics. Honestly graphically there isn't too much of difference and I player through the whole game at 60fps.

Theres still a few bugs, but it released in a much better state than the xbox1 and PS4 versions. Great game

I absolutely agree. The Graphical setting didn't offer a noticeable improvement to me to warrant the drop to 30fps. I played 90% of the game on performance mode and it was fantastic.

Associate
So is the Stadia version basically the PC release without ray tracing?
Honeslty don't know about, but what I can say it the stsdia version is pretty flawless, aside from some minor bugs, little like the AI driving in mission (skippable) and the odd AI character gliding above the pavement, very minor things.

The biggest bug that impacted my game save, which is now fixed, was a side mission bugging out and preventing my from collecting an award from ripperdoc

Soldato
Just purchased Rise of the Tomb Raider for £4.99. I claimed it with Pro but don't plan on resubbing for next month so was a nice purchase.

Over 120 achievements! Looks like I won't be completing that one ha.

Great game so far, even looks good on the 1080p stream.

Soldato
Another giveaway. Always nice for people in the fence.

Do you mean "free" hardware alongside an expensive version of Resi Village?

Google are still getting it wrong, with this offer you buy the game but don't get the Chromecast and controller until after release of the game in a couple of months.

To me it would make more sense to have sent that out now alongside a free Pro sub until the month of release to get you playing and buying stuff.

Nintendo don't allow digital preorder refunds so Google could do the same if you bought the hardware to ensure you didn't cancel the game after getting the equipment.

Soldato
[
Do you mean "free" hardware alongside an expensive version of Resi Village?

Google are still getting it wrong, with this offer you buy the game but don't get the Chromecast and controller until after release of the game in a couple of months.

To me it would make more sense to have sent that out now alongside a free Pro sub until the month of release to get you playing and buying stuff.

Nintendo don't allow digital preorder refunds so Google could do the same if you bought the hardware to ensure you didn't cancel the game after getting the equipment.

Resident Evil on Stadia is going for the same price as buying directly through Xbox or PS store.

I did the offer with CP2077 and got my hardware around 3-5 days after release day.

I'd much rather they offer a return policy than non at all like Nintendo.

Last edited:
Soldato
[

Resident Evil on Stadia is going for the same price as buying directly through Xbox or PS store.

I did the offer with CP2077 and got my hardware around 3-5 days after release day.

I'd much rather they offer a return policy than non at all like Nintendo.

It's £10 more expensive on Stadia, it's a BS "deluxe" version with some pointless digital tat, which is the same price for said version on Xbox but seems to be the only choice on Stadia.

The standard version on Xbox is £55 for digital, physical is £47 and I'm sure will be able to get for less closer to launch.

Soldato
It's £10 more expensive on Stadia, it's a BS "deluxe" version with some pointless digital tat, which is the same price for said version on Xbox but seems to be the only choice on Stadia.

The standard version on Xbox is £55 for digital, physical is £47 and I'm sure will be able to get for less closer to launch.

For sure it'll come down in price. But you could always buy discounted Google Play vouchers like you can for PS and Xbox and then purchase it that way. For what you get, I think it's a good deal.

Nowhere near as good as the £50 CP2077 though.

Soldato
For sure it'll come down in price. But you could always buy discounted Google Play vouchers like you can for PS and Xbox and then purchase it that way. For what you get, I think it's a good deal.

Nowhere near as good as the £50 CP2077 though.

True, I was tempted by the CP deal, do wish I'd gone for it at the time to properly try Stadia, not worth it for a Resi game.

Associate
I have a proper love/hate relationship with Stadia.

When they announced they wouldn’t be making 1st party games I knew the writing was on the wall. Just too many bumps along the road for it to be this long term thing.

So I stopped the Pro sub and will just play the games I’ve accumulated and just leave it at that.

But then my daughter asked to play Uno in her room over the weekend so off we went and a minute later we’re playing and had a blast!

For convenience, Stadia (& cloud gaming in general), it can’t be beat. And that’s what makes it all the more annoying that Google just gave up without even trying.

Soldato
Signed up for the one month free trial of Pro, played 4 hours of Steamworld Dig on my Tab S6 Lite with a PS4 pad over Bluetooth.

Not the most taxing game I know but got to say I was very impressed, couple of spots of lag but more likely my internet which isn't particularly speedy and the kids were still streaming YouTube at the time.

Only meant to have a quick blast as heard good things about Steamworld but couldn't stop going a little bit deeper, very addictive game.

Soldato
Signed up for the one month free trial of Pro, played 4 hours of Steamworld Dig on my Tab S6 Lite with a PS4 pad over Bluetooth.

Not the most taxing game I know but got to say I was very impressed, couple of spots of lag but more likely my internet which isn't particularly speedy and the kids were still streaming YouTube at the time.

Only meant to have a quick blast as heard good things about Steamworld but couldn't stop going a little bit deeper, very addictive game.

It won't matter how taxing the game is. If whatever device you're playing on can happily stream a 1080/2160 YouTube stream; you can play any game on Stadia.

Glad you enjoyed what you've played so far. Be sure to check out the other Pro games on offer.

Back
Top Bottom