** GORGEOUS NEW LG 4K MONITOR - LG 27GN950-B PRE-ORDER NOW **

Associate
Managed to pick up one of these but still using a 1080Ti which I do not think supports DSC so am finding it a bit limited. (Still struggling to buy a 3080 FE, I'll get there one day). 0 I'm finding I can only use the 10 bit colour depth at 95hz, and can only go up to 120hz with 8 bit colour depth.

Can anyone confirm using DSC you fully utilize everything on this monitor through DP 1.4? (160hz, 10 bit colour depth and HDR)

I'm considering getting the newer model that supports HDMI 2.1 to rule out limitations when I get a newer GPU but if I can max it out with DP 1.4 I'll probably keep it.

Associate
Is it still possible to preorder the 27gp950? I've been checking this thread intermittently for a while but like everything these days it seems the window.of opportunity is very small!!

Associate
Associate
I've not used mine with a ps5 yet but you can manually control the lighting to some extent on the monitor itself so don't see any reason it wouldn't work with ps5
Yep, I was able to use the lighting feature manually, but I'm asking about the light and sound Lync features and if anyone managed to get that working with the PS5

Associate
Can anyone confirm using DSC you fully utilize everything on this monitor through DP 1.4? (160hz, 10 bit colour depth and HDR)
I confirm, with 3090 gpu. However, I still took it back to 144 Hz and SDR because:
a) I cannot tell any difference between 160 snd 144. My eyes are not as good as they once were now I'm 49..
b) with HDR on my Win 10 looked washed out Probably some setting I could do in Windows would fix it, when I can be bothered to look it up.. Note: I'm turning it off in Windows only, not on the monitor.
c) I originally had that problem where the monitor would sleep and need a reset to wake-up, when in 160Hz mode. DP input wouldn't trigger it. Was not mych fun, and put me off trying 160Hz overdrive again recently.
d) My kids play in 144Hz and are happy. System/solution stability is the most important aspect of my setup. It must run years without any crashing or heavy maintenance for me to be satisfied.

Associate
has any 1 sorted any color presets out as everything looks washed out, trying to play res evil 7, im in house at beginning and cant see what the hell im doing so dark even with brightness fully up. other games ive played look so bad

Associate
Hello here

Just coming back to this LG27GN950 community about the alt-tab issue causing some delays / black screen of a few seconds while switching back to windows. Just wanted to share that since the various recent Windows / NVidia drivers updates it doesn't seem to happen anymore for me as before it was quite frequent. Seems like it wasn't a screen issue after all.

Associate
Hi guys I was just wondering how many of you has had issues with this moniter.
I have preordered the gp model but I think the only thing different is the HDMI 2.1. I've just seen on amazon some negative reviews about dead pixels or bars of static appearing not long in or a Couple of months of use.
Any feedback would be helpful.

Cheers

Associate
@NikTheSHNIK how we fixed for a RMA dude? Monitor has been a absolute stunner until half way through sending some emails today and this happened ..... a line of dead pixels literally just shown up on my screen for no reason i have powered off for a hour and back on and still shows it goes from top to bottom

*EDIT* spoke to OCUK CS and AND LG CS and its being returned to LG for RMA

Last edited:
Associate
@NikTheSHNIK how we fixed for a RMA dude? Monitor has been a absolute stunner until half way through sending some emails today and this happened ..... it literally just shown up on my screen for no reason i have powered off for a hour and back on and still shows it goes from top to bottom

What sort of time frame did you get for return

OcUK Staff
OP
@NikTheSHNIK how we fixed for a RMA dude? Monitor has been a absolute stunner until half way through sending some emails today and this happened ..... it literally just shown up on my screen for no reason i have powered off for a hour and back on and still shows it goes from top to bottom

What was your order number?

Back
Top Bottom