1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Got a brand new system from overclockers out the box yesterday - problems already

Discussion in 'OcUK Full Systems & Bundles' started by bigcarp, Feb 3, 2019.

1. bigcarp

Associate

Its running on windows 10 when i right click on the desktop it takes about 5mins to bring up the menu and it that time i can not do nothing else, not very happy with this anyone no the cause?

2. orbitalwalsh

Capodecina

Loaded any programs onto it ?

3. Danny75

Soldato

Post in Customer Service forum so staff has better chance of reading about it quicker. Or ring them.

Had something similar after a Windows 10 update. Went through several steps: deleting page file, deleting everything in TEMP and %TEMP% and Prefetch folders (just bring them up through the Run command). Restarted and all was well. It could be something else though. Remember to create a new page file afterwards if you want it (I haven't come across any need for it yet but you want minimum 16GB RAM if it's off).

4. Pandobear

Hitman

Network cable not plugged in, or no network also makes a mess of Windows 10 startup times

5. harry5522

Soldato

Your best bet.

If i bought a pre built and it wasn't working as expected i would be asking the seller to fix it, not looking at fixing it myself.

6. bigcarp

Associate

Sorted it, updated drivers for card and it sorted the issue out. I would have asked customer service but they are not open on a Sunday.