• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Got a chance of a 1080ti

Associate
Hi

Currently running a 1080 but have the chance of a 1080 ti for £480 which is in new condition and fully boxed etc etc...is it worth a punt and will it be a worth while upgrade.

thanks

Soldato
I will be selling mine but probably not for £180 lol

I think they mean is the £180 delta in (£300 for 1080, £480 for 1080Ti) price worth it :p

As to if they are worth it, would say if it’s a solid cooler on the 1080Ti in order to maintain solid boost clocks, then it’s a solid price. They are still quick cards and you always pay a premium for the faster stuff.

Associate
OP
i all ready have a evga 1080 sc which is in my watercooled loop and the block fits the ti as it is also a evga sc so it will be watercooled...so looks like a no brainer at the moment

Caporegime
I think they mean is the £180 delta in (£300 for 1080, £480 for 1080Ti) price worth it :p

As to if they are worth it, would say if it’s a solid cooler on the 1080Ti in order to maintain solid boost clocks, then it’s a solid price. They are still quick cards and you always pay a premium for the faster stuff.

Indeed I do, apologies for any confusion caused!

Associate
OP
well bought the evga gtx1080icx xc today for £470, installed my waterblock and been testing out. Can anyone tell me if these temps are ok. Taken while playing pubg for an hour. The mem2 reading is higher than the other mem readings, dont know anything about these cards so was wondering if everything is ok.

Associate
OP
OK so last night pc started freezing with hundreds of small boxes on screen while gaming, every game the same, it happened after about 2 minutes into the game. Reinstalled drivers etc etc but no good. Any ideas what could cause it,. Temps were all good at the timeis the card faulty

Soldato
Sounds like a faulty card if it is artifacting? Any warranty left with EVGA? Where did you buy it from, find it suspicious the card would be faulty a day after installing!

Back
Top Bottom