• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Got a chance of a 1080ti

Associate
OP
well i ran heaven again and this time it crashed the computer...lost signal to monitor and had to do a hard reset, pc booted up to automatic repair mode and stated repairs to drives needed and could take uo to an hour...still waiting for it to finnish.
I have tried everything i can think off now but I reckon it is a faulty card...anyone know how evga are with people who have put a waterblock on..will they except an rma do you think...if I can put the original cooler back on that is....it was a beast :)

Soldato
well i ran heaven again and this time it crashed the computer...lost signal to monitor and had to do a hard reset, pc booted up to automatic repair mode and stated repairs to drives needed and could take uo to an hour...still waiting for it to finnish.
I have tried everything i can think off now but I reckon it is a faulty card...anyone know how evga are with people who have put a waterblock on..will they except an rma do you think...if I can put the original cooler back on that is....it was a beast :)

They are okay as long as PCB is not damaged. Put on original cooler and you should be okay if it’s within warranty window.

Associate
I’d be back to the seller tbh, that sounds very much like a failing card I’m afraid - however, I’ve got a Zotac Amp Extreme 1080ti that boosts to 1759 (way above average for 1080ti’s afaik) which makes me think yours is clocked way too high tbh....
1759mhz isn't high for a 1080ti at all, mine hits 2ghz without me even putting a clock on it and 60% fan

Associate
OP
I have tried that. Now got another problem. Computer crashed last night while testing gpu again and now won't boot at all... Said at start up disks need to be checked and may take several hours. Left it on all night and still nothing this morning. Left it on and gone to work so wii have 13 hours to finish whatever it is doing. If not fixed by then think it will be a reinstall of Windows but will lose all my files unless there is a way round it

Associate
I recently bought a 1080Ti as well, for raw power to drive a 1440p 165Hz G-Sync screen. I don't regret it and I think it's a very potent card, however, I do think they are poor value for money. My other PC has an undervolted and slightly overclocked Vega 56 and that is not that far behind it but was £270 with £50 worth of free games.

Soldato
It sounds like as Win10 is much better from recovery from crashes while in the OS.

No I was only asking as those "apps", on his screenshot,are windows 7 monitoring apps that you can install. You can't get them on windows 10 and I miss having the real time tracking of cpu, gpu and memory, just like @Griff7520 screenshot shows, like I had back when I had windows 7.

Also windows 10 will give the 1080Ti better performance than it will on windows 7

Soldato
No I was only asking as those "apps", on his screenshot,are windows 7 monitoring apps that you can install. You can't get them on windows 10 and I miss having the real time tracking of cpu, gpu and memory, just like @Griff7520 screenshot shows, like I had back when I had windows 7.

Also windows 10 will give the 1080Ti better performance than it will on windows 7
I'm running those 'apps' or gadgets on my most of my Win10 1903 installs. One of the things I liked about Win7 so I've always had it on Windows 10. Google '8GadgetPack'.

Edit, it looks like he's running Win!0 to me

Soldato
I'm running those 'apps' or gadgets on my most of my Win10 1903 installs. One of the things I liked about Win7 so I've always had it on Windows 10. Google '8GadgetPack'.

Edit, it looks like he's running Win!0 to me

Mate if that works, I owe you a pint. Holy **** but I'd love these to work. I'm doing a fresh windows install this weekend so I might try before I do the new install, to see if things work with that 8 gadgetpack thing.

How nerdy is that to be excited to get apps for a computer lol :D

Soldato
Mate if that works, I owe you a pint. Holy **** but I'd love these to work. I'm doing a fresh windows install this weekend so I might try before I do the new install, to see if things work with that 8 gadgetpack thing.

How nerdy is that to be excited to get apps for a computer lol :D

Far too nerdy.

Now excuse me while I rush off to d/l and install this! :p

Associate
OP
Sorry been busy so yes I m on w10 and yes I am using w7/8 gadget pack for those who were asking.

Anyway did a clean install of windows today as I was unable to recover my system after the mega crash last night. Before taking the card out thought I would give it a go so installed furmark and stress tested it and it ran fine for 20 min before crashing, I had gpu z running and could see for most of the time it was only boosting to 1760 speed but then went upto the 1974 and straight a way crashed, see pic below. It looks as though the card can not cope with the high boost to 1974 but below that it was fine, I also noticed in furmarkit was constantly saying the power 1 in the limits section. do you think my psu is struggling, it is a evga 750 p2 platinum. or is just a faulty card

shell station hours near me

Associate
OP
so latest...I removed the ti and put my card back in and all working fine. carefully put back together the faulty card and thought I would give it a go in my second pc and it is working perfectly...so maybe it did not like water cooling or perhaps I did not fit the block correctly...now don't know what to do with it...I really wanted it water cooled but not sure if I should try it again and see what happens...what do you reckon?

Back
Top Bottom