Got a Notice to Keeper from UKPC, but wasn't driving.

Associate
Hey chaps, another UKPC question. Bought the wife a car (in her name) earlier this year. It overheated the day we got it, so it went back to the dealer and got fixed over a period of a week or so. Received an NTK from UKPC for a road in Hounslow- never been there, and realised it's from the period when the dealer had the car for repairs. I appealed on the UKPC website, explained that we weren't in possession of the car at the time. I haven't identified the driver- I couldn't even if I wanted to! I did mentioned the dealer, who are closed at the moment so I can't discuss with them.

Found lots of threads related to charges when the owner was driving, but can't find anything related to someone else was driving. Can they pass the NTK onto the registered keeper, or only to the driver at the time of the "offence"? (I realise it's not an offence!)

I've done some Googling and apparently if the NTK doesn't have the "POFA 2012" paragraph then it will likely fail, but even after some searching I'm not exactly sure what the POFA paragraph actually is!

Soldato
Before you get people telling you misleading information, I'd like to redirect you here.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

Read the sticky. From the sounds of things if it is not PoFA compliant your appeal should have won as they will give up straight away but it depends on how you worded it. There are other things which could help you depending on whether it was via ANPR or a physical paper ticket.

Never name the driver (unless you are 100% sure you won't be screwed by doing so).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Before you get people telling you misleading information, I'd like to redirect you here.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

Read the sticky. From the sounds of things if it is not PoFA compliant your appeal should have won as they will give up straight away but it depends on how you worded it. There are other things which could help you depending on whether it was via ANPR or a physical paper ticket.

Never name the driver (unless you are 100% sure you won't be screwed by doing so).

Thanks mate, I did read that, but will re-read, I'm having a slow day :D

And I couldn't name the driver, presumably it was being driven by someone from the garage they sent the car to for repairs... The wife and I were home all day!

Soldato
Once you've read it and you don't think the stickies have answered your questions, open a new thread there.

People there can get a little annoyed if you ask something already in the stickies.

Associate
If you have a time stamped receipt for work at the garage (eg card payment) I would just tell them the car was not in your possession and instead a garage (that shouldn't really have been using it for errands).

They can take you to court if they are really stupid and will get laughed out.

Back
Top Bottom