Got an arcade cabinet, need assistance

Associate
no worries, for free i cant complain :D
it works well with just the 1 stick but going from what you mentioned it now saves me the hassle to taking it apart and cleaning it up. also im not sure if the memory controller is in the cpu or chipset on this board otherwise i could try the A4 apu i picked up for 3 quid incase if its an imc on the cpu thats got issues. will do some digging about.
The motherboard was new when I bought it but is ancient. It could be that the poor sole has just seen one too many RAM swaps.

The CPU was a special sent on a boat from a far away land and is of unknown provenance - I would treat it with the upmost suspicion.

Soldato
OP
finally got around to testing things out. turns out the cpu is fine its the mobo that has a dead slot. not to worry though i came across some other hardware and now gutted and replaced everything inside.
new spec is now:
xeon e3-1225 v2 (ivybridge with igpu)
8gig ram (overkill, 4 was more than enough but found some lying around so may as well put in the cab to stop it going walkies)
same 64gb sandisk ssd
350w enermax psu.
and found my old soundbar what was in storage years ago. won in a competition by plextor so free!!!!! finally got a use for it

IMG-20221125-212911.jpg

perfect fit.

the screen did die in this so had to replace it, good thing 19 inch squares i got lying around.

some pics of the cab gutted:

IMG-20221126-105917.jpg

IMG-20221126-125735.jpg

the old philips sub is giving me issues. i think the amp is nackered maybe leaking caps in it so it is stuck in standby mode. i may get a small amp for it since sub itself works but will see what i do.
pretty much done with this project now. time for a bigger cab.

what i would like to do is see if there is a taller version of the stock intel socket 1155 cooler. currently got the standard one that comes with pentium dual cores etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And this monitor has but the dust too. I knew it was flaky but thought it would get me some years but nah. Looks like its power supply is on the brink. Finding a 19incher square is gonna be a task.

Back
Top Bottom