Got caught doing 63 in a 50 zone, what will i get?

Associate
Hi all,

Had a crappy day yesterday only to come home and see that i had a letter telling me i had been caught doing 63 in a 50 zone....

What is likely to be my punishment??? and also is there anyway i can get out of it, i.e going to court etc...

Meds

Associate
OP
Man, i already have 3 points on my license.... now with this i'll have 6.....

Is this likely to effect my insurance a great deal??? i'm 27

Lol

Thanks

Associate
Its not the cost or the increased insurance you should be worrying about but the fact that with the Police campaign of targetting motorists where ever possible (whilst ignoring smack heads,drug pushers and vandals) it is very easy to get another six!
A girl I work with had three ponts for a minor speeding offence and got done twice in two days from a new camera installed on her school run. The speeds were a ridiculously dangerous 38 in a thirty (dual carrige way)!

I was upto nine points last year and had a lot of people on this forum telling me it was my fault and I deserved it! -fair enough but I also know that as a careful driver who never ever speeds though built up or village areas it is very easy to get unlucky and get done for a silly 38 in a thirty offense with the slightest lack of concentration!

Good luck!

Associate
OP
I agree, the speeding cameras are really just a moeny making ploy.... And sometimes they can be a bit draconian....

But thats life, and unfortunately i dont think i'll be able to change things.

Thanks tho dudes

Associate
OP
I certainly hope i dont get anything worse than you wonder lander.

Thanks dudes for all the replies.... When i finally get my punishment i'll let you know what i got

Soldato
when i got 3 more points last year (6 up to 9) and i informed the insurance company, they doubled my renewal quote.

after shopping around the best price i could get was still 50% more than my renewal. :eek: just for 3 more points.

Soldato
TomO said:
when i got 3 more points last year (6 up to 9) and i informed the insurance company, they doubled my renewal quote.

after shopping around the best price i could get was still 50% more than my renewal. :eek: just for 3 more points.
to be fair though mate it's not just because it's "just another 3 points" is it?
the way an insurance company will see it is for every time a driver is caught speeding, they've probably got away with it scores if not hundreds of times.
you've been caught three times in a short space of time so in an indirect manner you're telling your insurance company you break the limit on a regular basis.
they also tend to think "if he has no regard for that particular traffic regulation he may well treat all/more of them with the same attitude"

Associate
Last year I was caught at 67 in a 50. Recently dropped from a 70 limit.

Ended up with an SP30, £60 fine and 3 points despite lots of protests about various things.

Bike insurance wasn't worried, car insurance wanted £40 extra (caught in the car).

Yes I was speeding, yes I knew the limit had dropped. It's not worth the aggrovation of going to court. Just accept it and try and be more careful in future. Unless you are sure you weren't speeding then fight it if your sure you can prove it! Otherwise chances are you'll end up worse off.

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
to be fair though mate it's not just because it's "just another 3 points" is it?
the way an insurance company will see it is for every time a driver is caught speeding, they've probably got away with it scores if not hundreds of times.
you've been caught three times in a short space of time so in an indirect manner you're telling your insurance company you break the limit on a regular basis.
they also tend to think "if he has no regard for that particular traffic regulation he may well treat all/more of them with the same attitude"

not denying that. just giving the other side of the coin, as most peopl quote they didnt get much of a rise with some extra points. :)

Soldato
TomO said:
not denying that. just giving the other side of the coin, as most peopl quote they didnt get much of a rise with some extra points. :)
they typically don't mate, but usually when we're talking about going from 3 points to 6.
getting caught once or even twice is something the insurance companies deem to think is something a large number of drivers may incur upon themselves.almost to be expected if you will.
but to do it again tells them:-

A) no lessons have been learned by the driver as he/she is still "offending"
B) as i said earlier it suggests the driver speeds for a large section of the time he/she is behind the wheel.

Back
Top Bottom