Got My First Car!

Bri

Bri

Soldato
After passing my test in mid March, I finally got my first car on Friday!

It's a 2000 Rover 211 SE with 56000 miles on the clock. The company my dad works for has decided to get rid of its company cars & this was one of them. It's got FSH (last serviced in February) & MOT'd until march 2007. Got it for the princely sum of £1000.

OK, it's not going to win many races, but it's a damn sight better than the bus, me and the missus have been drivinng round in it all weekend (clocked up 200 miles already).

Anyway, enough chat, here's some quickly taken snaps of the Bri-mobile :D

Rover%201.jpg

Rover%202.jpg

Rover%203.jpg

Last edited:

Bri

Bri

Soldato
OP
Nazbit said:
Nice, Looks like its in good condition, you pleased with it?

Yes, well chuffed :D

There's a couple of stone chips that need touching up, a chip in the windscreen that needs repairing, the aerial is snapped & the rear window washer doesn't work.

All in all, I'm thrilled! It doesn't feel as sluggish as I expected either from a 1.1.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
OP
Oh, I almost forgot the best bit, INSURANCE!

I used confused.com & quinn direct came out the cheapest @ £600ish TPFT. I went onto their website & got £561.40 TPFT, phoned them up & got £448.99 TPFT! Happy days!

Even better, I haven't paid for the car yet, my mum paid for the insurance (have to pay her back though) & it had a full tank of fuel when I got it so I haven't had to spend anything at all yet!
icon14.gif

Soldato
i got my first car the other week.

93 k reg 106xt, got it for free of a family member with damage to the front left side, namely the wing and front door lock (crowbarred).

250 for the mot and shes ready to go.
ill get some pics some time soon of the damage.

now i just gotta pass my test :confused:

Soldato
Dreadi said:
i got my first car the other week.

93 k reg 106xt, got it for free of a family member with damage to the front left side, namely the wing and front door lock (crowbarred).
My very first car was a while J reg 106XT, but that was back in 93 :)

Soldato
its so small!!! its gonna be a bitch to drive.

i have to put the seat right back to make getting my legs in a little easier and then can't move it forward much as my legs hug tight against the stearing wheel and the chair/wheel doesnt move up or down :eek: gonna be a tough one.

plus it doesnt have a stero, im looking for a cassette play, are there some that are standard sizes or anything as i really need one?

Bri

Bri

Soldato
OP
ste_bla said:
Nice car for a grand, shame about the parking

There's a van parked outside the opposite house, if I parked on the road I would block it completely. What's your point?

Gaygle said:
For a grand that car is tip-top mate. Take care of it and i'm sure it'll take care of you! :D

Cheers :D

Soldato
Bargain, really nice motor mate, not too sure about the colour but im sure thats not what you care about, but thats a great buy m8, hope you're happy with her :)

Soldato
Bri said:
There's a van parked outside the opposite house, if I parked on the road I would block it completely. What's your point?

Because of people parking on the pavement, which is where people are meant to walk, I have to go on the ****ing road as my buggy wouldnt fit through there, same said with wheelchairs aswell

Bri

Bri

Soldato
OP
ste_bla said:
Because of people parking on the pavement, which is where people are meant to walk, I have to go on the ****ing road as my buggy wouldnt fit through there, same said with wheelchairs aswell

Oh well, good job you don't live on my street then ;)

LOL, it's a quiet street anyway & it's better that the odd pedestrian goes on the road than no cars being able to get past at all isn't it?

West said:
Bargain, really nice motor mate, not too sure about the colour but im sure thats not what you care about, but thats a great buy m8, hope you're happy with her :)

Yeah, if there had been a choice of colour, it's probably not the one I would have picked. As you say, I'm not that bothered, it's certainly better than the brilliant white I was imagining.

Last edited:

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Bri said:
the rear window washer doesn't work.

Theres 3 things it could be. Firstly remove the washer nozzle and blow through it, it is probably full of dirt and will need washing out. Secondly check the hose connection at the boot hinge, these have a habbit of seperating. Lastly check the hose connections in the engine bay since these also tend to come apart.

Edit: Of course the pump could have gone, but if you can hear it when you use the stalk its unlikely.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
OP
M0T said:
Theres 3 things it could be. Firstly remove the washer nozzle and blow through it, it is probably full of dirt and will need washing out. Secondly check the hose connection at the boot hinge, these have a habbit of seperating. Lastly check the hose connections in the engine bay since these also tend to come apart.

Edit: Of course the pump could have gone, but if you can hear it when you use the stalk its unlikely.

Yeah, the pump goes no probs. Apparently it's a fairly common fault for the tube to split where it comes into the boot. I'll sort it once ot stops bloomin' raining!

Aerial is fixed, £5 from ebay :D

What I'm after is the crappy old man wood effect around the heater dials & on the dash to be gone. I can't source any black replacemtn parts. I suppose it's not too much of a hardship to remove them & spray them myself?

Back
Top Bottom