Got my Samsung 550P5C today

Associate
CPU upgrading never new that was possible, would you have links or even videos, pictures to the upgrade off the cpu, love to hear back from you thanks.

Kenneth.

Ditto on this please! Just got this laptop last week. Really impressed so far but I'd love to upgrade bits and bobs. I've just bought an ssd and I want to get some more memory too. Does anyone know the maximum it can take?

Thanks.

Soldato
Mine seems much slower since Windows 8, can't say I'm a fan at all although obviously I'll adjust.

My function keys have stopped working, how can I get them back on? I liked being able to adjust the brightness, volume, performance etc. I also can't turn the wireless and bluetooth on easily.

There an easy fix for this or what?

Associate
Hi Muel

What do you do with the iron slice bit from the back of the optical drive - I forgot to check how it was fixed in to the optical drive, so not sure if the arrow needs to be pointed upwards or downwards when attaching to the hard drive bay

Soldato
You need to cut a tiny bit of it off so that it fits onto the adapter properly, not sure about the arrow but if you just lay the adapter on top of the laptop, you can easily see where the bracket goes.

Associate
Hi I am new to this site and really need help, I purchased a Samsung 550P5C for my hubby and he mainly wants to play World of Tanks on it while at work using a dongle, I think he read about clearing the laptop and starting fresh, can anyone help me step by step or point me in the right direction please ?

Thanks in Advance

Associate
Hi I am new to this site and really need help, I purchased a Samsung 550P5C for my hubby and he mainly wants to play World of Tanks on it while at work using a dongle, I think he read about clearing the laptop and starting fresh, can anyone help me step by step or point me in the right direction please ?

Thanks in Advance

From what iv read, you get one disc with this lappy, and it has window on it.
Iv also read that theres a 20gb partition on the harddrive which has all necessary drivers for the laptop, which you might want to keep when re installing windows..
Search youtube on "clean format windows 7", and youll find more then enough walkthroughs to help. Pretty simple process.

I dont have this lappy yet, waiting for delivery.
to you guys that are gaming on it, which drivers would you recommend for the 650m ?, and what about the bios too ?

Back
Top Bottom