Got some protein...

Soldato
Just got some of this from myprotein. Tried it today and it tastes disgusting lol. So i'm going to buy a blender tomorrow so I mix up something nice to drink with it.

I was thinking something involving milk, oats and bananas but that's the limit of my imagination:p. What do you guys drink with it or are you all hardcore and drink it straight:)cool:)?

Soldato
I have the same one as you. I put one large scoop in my blender, 1 cup of skimmed milk, about 5tbsp of sweetener, and 1.5-2tbsp cocoa in and blend for a few seconds. Very nice, very quick. High protein chocolate milk. :)

Soldato
It really doesn't taste that bad. I drink a big scoop of it with a pint of water every morning.

If you think that tastes bad, don't go near Creatine.

Panzer

Man of Honour
I have 2 scoops in just under 500ml of water and its yummy :D Creatine Mono is pretty nutral tasting apart from a slight gritty feeling if its not disolved

Soldato
Depends what you want really (other than masking the taste) If it's a post work-out shake you want it with water rather than milk for faster absorption, if you're after a slower release then by all means go with the milk.

Panzer

Soldato
OP
Depends what you want really (other than masking the taste) If it's a post work-out shake you want it with water rather than milk for faster absorption, if you're after a slower release then by all means go with the milk.

Panzer

How soon after a workout should you be having some protein, are we talking within a few minutes or just within an hour or so?

Caporegime
How soon after a workout should you be having some protein, are we talking within a few minutes or just within an hour or so?

quicker the better really, followed by a good meal (both carbs and protein) within 60-90 mins.

RE the whey: stop being a girl and get it down you, 30g in 300ml of water is what, 3 gulps? you aren't savouring the drink over an hour or so, just drink it :p

Associate
One day I'm gonna get me some of this whey powder just to see if it's as bad as some people say. I can't believe it can taste THAT bad, I've drunk fresh whey before after I've made home made cheese and it just kinda tasted a bit milky, but as though it had been watered down a lot. It is nicer turned into ricotta though I grant you.

Permabanned
i really cannot see why people say its so bloody bad tasting!

you have probably had it religiously for years...

I've come to terms with it over the past 7-8 months :)

It flys down PWO but I still struggle in the morning to get it down quickly! ( I do it over 30 minutes!)

Soldato
If you blend it with the water so it's not lumpy but just foamy at the top of the glass, like a head on an ice cold glass of lager, ;) then it really isn't that hard to drink.

Panzer

Associate
Get yourself some

Body Fortress Whey Protein Vanilla Flavour

it tastes amazing. Stick it in some milk and its like vanilla milkshake. I love the stuff, i keep wanting to keep on drinking it (though that would obviously be a bad idea)

Back
Top Bottom