Government Minister in attempt to ban Video Game.... again!

Soldato
so while hes sitting in his fancy house worrying about a video game real soldiers are dying because he doesnt fund them properly , maybe he should get his priorities straight

Soldato
Sad isnt it.

Raise VAT and then try and censor the leisure products! Obviously its okay to censor in some cases, I mean a video game where the protagonist is a pedo chasing kids around...Yeah that's not gonna get released!! And I can see that getting on the news.

But a game that's an 18 where you get to control a taliban soldier, Are you telling me its horrendous enough to call for a ban and kick up this sort of fuss??

I mean aslong as you're controlling an american force and you're putting bullets in the enemy, that seems fine then? As long as its rated 18 ofcourse!

God i wish politicians would stay the **** away from anything that's popular as they always make selves out to be a complete tit

Soldato
OP
Well they just showed it.

What I thought was quite hypocritical is that Liam Fox first learned about it after he had just been on a visit to a Navy ship to see their latest weapons and systems. He is shown firing a huge deck mounted gun out into the sea!

I think he is failing to see that we Gamers do what he is doing... virtually; we experience something we couldn't in the real world. Yet, in his position of power he is doing things that the majority of the world will never do!

The story was quite balanced though, as most of the people they interviewed thought a ban was wrong.

Soldato
OP
hmm yet he lets other slip through the net

*cough Mw2*

Not sure what rock you've been living under, but we've had a rather well publicized change of government this year. Liam Fox was not Secretary of State for Defence when MW2 was released.

Soldato
Well they just showed it.

I think he is failing to see that we Gamers do what he is doing... virtually; we experience something we couldn't in the real world. Yet, in his position of power he is doing things that the majority of the world will never do!

Awesome sentence +1:). We gamers are only shooting at virtual polygons while in real life many civilians/soldiers are going to get killed under his authority. How does that make him feel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom