• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU Fan speeds + Forza Horizon 4

Underboss
2 Questions (sorry :p)

In Forza Horizon 4, i have set it to ULTRA , running at 144hz

Game runs smooth, but the graphics keep changing , and looks a bit rubbish (maybe auto changing graphics settings?)

no idea why its doing this, other games are fine, although Fortnite (save the world) puts the temps on my GPU highest, but game is fine.

2nd ,

I can't seem to do a good profile for fan speeds, even if i set fans low for say 80 degrees, they seem to speed up above what i set them at, im not very good with wattman :(

Surely my GPUs etc are fast enough?

Associate
There is a auto adjust feature in the settings for FH4, maybe try adjusting this to manual and setting everything manually.
I think its dynamic or something like that.

try using afterburner and setting a fan profile using that.

Associate
Look for anything saying dynamic optimisation and turn off. Also, turn off any locked frame rate - just thinking it could be trying to clamp to a frame rate and adjusting the display quality to suit?

some help with FH4 here:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...rformance-how-to-get-the-best-settings-on-pc/

fan profile:
is setting it to low really ideal? low/slower fans will just let the gpu heat up quicker and thus get to a temperature that needs 100% fan sooner? How's the airflow through the case - improving the case airflow (possibly nudging up case fan speed, or adding a set of push/pull case fans) would help get that heat away from the cpu/gpu? If you want the pc to be quieter then look at a sound dampened pc case instead of trying to gimp your components? just thinking out loud...

Back
Top Bottom