• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU for Ark Survival @ 1440p?

Associate
Hey peeps,

This is a very specific request because literally the only GPU intensive game I play is Ark Survival Evolved :p

Would like to nail 60fps with at least medium on all settings at 1440p. My 1060 does its best, but mostly has to be on low and gets 40-50fps, and I tire of potato quality.

Also realising that my PSU will be out of its 5 year warranty in September; any suggestions on a PSU for GPU as above with an 8700k @ 5ghz? Modular preferred.

(Is it long until next gen nvidias? I can wait if it's a few months away...)

Associate
My GTX1080 at qHD with an IB Core i7 cannot hit constant 60FPS on highish settings in ARK - it should be around 60% faster than a GTX1060 IIRC.

Well that's disappointing :( I was kinda hoping to get away with a 1070Ti... maybe I'll sit on it until the 11xx series.

Associate
Ark is one of the poorest games ever made in term of optimisation, online FPS is terrible, it’s a mess. Playing offline even my old r9-290 plays it 60fps on high, online however, that’s a completely different story. Even my mates 1080ti doesn’t hold 60fps on epic, running through the jungle and near a large base he sees drops into the 30’s

God awful game