Gran Torino

Associate
I am a fan of CE's earlier work but this is the worst movie i have seen in a while :(

first 20mins or so seemed ok but generally I thought the acting was atrocious and I found the storyline verging on ridiculous

Soldato
Watched this the night before last - thought it was a brilliant movie, not exactly PC correct but then I dont mind that :p

Outstanding acting and directing from Clint, and a brilliant story line that had me hooked from the start. His car was cool, his characters interaction with his new neighbours given his past experiences with foreigners all developed into an excellent movie with a unseen twist at the end, no spoilers from me ;)

This is one movie I'd thoroughly recomend :D

Indeed

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
"LISTEN TOAD"

great film - i really enjoyed it

"you can have my gran torino as long as you dont put a gay spoiler on it"

Caporegime
Seen this a few months ago...back in Dec time i saw it and i have to say its a very very good movie...one of the better movies ive watched in recent time. Clint does a sterling job of an old bigot whos opinions are changed when he interacts with his foreign neighbours....great movie.

Soldato
Looks terrible. Some old man fantasy about setting the world to rights.

When he confronts that gang in the trailer, he'd be dead in real life if he did that.
Having not seen it yet and thinking the exact same, I've been rather surprised at the reviews it's getting.

Might be worth a watch after all - I'd be more enthusiastic if they'd actually put more effort into the trailer though.

If it's anything like Million Dollar Baby, it'll be epic.

Soldato
Saw this film a few nights ago - my thoughts on this were really mixed. The other cast aside from Eastwood were terrible actors, and the story I felt stopped and started like a first time driver.

Felt it was a poor man's "Crash" to me.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom