Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
No :p

Do the Jaguars have the Indian flag next to them?
How would I know? I know nothing about cars. :D

I'm sure the guy in the cafe will tell me at some point though.

Anyway F U A-9. Just spent two hours trying to shave 0.014 off my time for gold. Finally got it thank ****!

Soldato
Some of the licences are so easy while other are like wtf I am miles off that golf time! Just trying to gold everything done all the B’s and just finishing up with the National A’s.

Soldato
I'm glad I'm not the only one! GT Sport was too stable, for lack of a better word, but they seem to have gone too far the other way with this. I think it's something to do with the comfort tyres most (all?) road cars come with as standard and used in the licence tests. Once I upgraded my BRZ with sport tyres it instantly become much nicer to drive; you can still provoke oversteer but it no longer handles like a pro drift car.

Indeed, I have just done the BMW M series collection, and they come with other types of tyre and are much better for it, although the '03 M3 was bad at Nurburgring in the downpours.
Re-run the race and the rain wasnt as heavy, but TC was required without upgrading. The '89 was lively but controllable and fun in the dry, and the '07 stock is pretty sweet, very planted in the dry.

Caporegime
Don't want to hijack the thread but what steering wheel recommendations can people throw my way please?

Primarily (but not exclusively) for GT7 on PS5

I've had a couple and on a budget I would go for the logitech g29.

The t300 is a better 'wheel' but IMHO has worse build quality around the buttons etc.

Plus the shift lights in the G29 I like.

Caporegime
I don't believe this. I had to force quit the game because I got a black screen and it hasn't saved. :D
Yeah seems to be a known issue before release, unlike GT Sport I haven't spotted where it attempts to save or establish an online connection.
Don't want to hijack the thread but what steering wheel recommendations can people throw my way please?

Primarily (but not exclusively) for GT7 on PS5
Depends how much you wanna spend and what platforms you want supported. All wheels that support PS5 will support PC; but few support Xbox on top of that...

G29 I guess is the bottom end or something Thrustmaster (TS300?); then I would have said Fanatec CSL Elite but I think thats now been discontinued in favour of what I think it sensible top end the GT DD Pro. There is stuff beyond that but doubt it applies since its either a bit more niche (so need more user setup) or just really expensive and more for immersion.

Gear driven < Belt driven < Direct drive...

ps3ud0 :cool:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I keep eyeing up the G923, shifter and a stand, then remember that I used to have a wheel a few years back and it barely got used due to primarily gaming on the TV and it being a slight faff to setup every time I wanted to use it.

Still thinking about it though!

Think I might be the only person that actually enjoys the Music Rally…

Soldato
Yeah I feel money is always tight. And when I do manage to rack up 100k or so, it gets blown on mods for a car for the next series of cafe races.

not quite sure how long it’s going to take to save up for some of the more expensive motors.
You can buy credits through the store using real money for less than a price of fish and chips (London prices)

Soldato
Cool. Game designed to make you spend money o in game items on top of the £70 the game cost. I get why it's getting slated for it. This isn't a Ubisoft or EA game is it?

Don
How would I know? I know nothing about cars. :D

I'm sure the guy in the cafe will tell me at some point though.

Anyway F U A-9. Just spent two hours trying to shave 0.014 off my time for gold. Finally got it thank ****!
I'm also grinding away at this.

The times seems crazy easy for some of the tests, I got the golden M3 one in like 2 attempts, it was a real sloppy run too.

Found the yellow civic test a pain to get gold in too.

Associate
I’m really liking this, feels like the old GT when I was younger. I can already see that moneys going to be tight unless it picks up later on.

Don
I’m really liking this, feels like the old GT when I was younger. I can already see that moneys going to be tight unless it picks up later on.

Yeah it's got that good feeling to it. Some of the newer games, they were basically throwing GTR at you on day 1 and you could just slam any race. In this, it's drip feeding you cars that should perform well but may need better tyres / upgrades :)

6-1YcWYDOMCKwJPv6n-64h85Jz92TU-lxnRUhTThFpOd40_lDyJ6gb7vGz5v34NcICakUE_h1BuINDaEb1Uk21mDEsspeEqh40i_W3A-nmGt9U4pQh2PxPNwrotrHJF83Ita_pqzSO8CbB4kqcppmmIpLZvR7E53BAys8b3kD1inrCxviWV-PlL0jM9K0r6YUL3UYKh6-1TrKtvtw_Pgt-BVH_gYiIUpM2-YZRMy2Is_CcTVch0ol8KznKklI0th0KJcwNRwv3DMaRjPjBx7FrUdPrJgv5t9n_UZzh3bJ4ggfcrHhNrB4oQv1YMTUj9h4VxFiFONnoN29WIkLVYlTLwGygoxAxZP5ASGc1NeLEBpN2aKoF6pteN7D-eTocr1u71GkSI7Y9JhsViG8GGPW2eLKKejem_Iln81OvK8Q2QGiH71RzhA2CoORu-JMn2Nd_oHqnrPpzzt9sDXXyf2GnPRRxaQtvX6C7rHpdpX1ovpei0w1bPI2V0Ll1_CbpGNW4EPV0WPpHcC1-XFQXr9-hnrRqWfIo3VIavsda6g-bJ2tjT98NBoNBF23waFXDuxyIxsWcHUXJfOCh4p4RpFdUUHjIqNXnnjVP4K64tQHzvrmpJ0rQWvKZ27-haYNpP2a6JzJb6uouL9RLJOGKA3rPM4IjHjZOucmcpG5jIsAuu6jYUOxN-yJ5Ab0ejBcCf2Sk5jWO7BitavQdpYP52k7ceO=w1278-h719-no

Made this Mr Bean car and it does just about ok at the 400PP level, low top speed really hurts it :D

Soldato
Arcade Mode - why is there no indication that you have achieved either gold, silver or bronze on each track with a medal indicator?, this in itself would've made it more of an event achievement within arcade mode

Soldato
Yeah seems to be a known issue before release, unlike GT Sport I haven't spotted where it attempts to save or establish an online connection.

ps3ud0 :cool:
I did notice that my friends times disappeared from the scoreboard in the menus when it lost connection but at the time I put it down to the fact that I'd switched off the rest of the driver assistance settings and thought there was maybe a scoreboard for assistance on and another for it off.

If you see the times disappearing in then I'd suggest you stop and restart.

Soldato
Cool. Game designed to make you spend money o in game items on top of the £70 the game cost. I get why it's getting slated for it. This isn't a Ubisoft or EA game is it?
Except it doesn't, you don't have to spend a penny. Few friends playing it and I will be later, all have said earnt plenty of money in game and got cars unlocked from licenses etc

Soldato
Except it doesn't, you don't have to spend a penny. Few friends playing it and I will be later, all have said earnt plenty of money in game and got cars unlocked from licenses etc

Strange though they removed the option to sell cars and also the rewards are more limited. It's a ******, undefendable practice.
The rewards have been designed in order to tempt people towards buying the currency. It's really that simple.
I mean I don't take too much notice of gaming media but the fact every site I check has mentioned this has got to count for something.
I mean to even the simplest brains and that is in no means a passive aggressive comment towards you. The fact you cannot sell cars should be pretty bloody obvious.
I'd love to know how long it will take to get to 20 million credit for that one car which has an equivalent tag of 160£.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom