Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I joined the nations cup as the GR# cars sounded too scary a thing to just leap into while I don't properly know the tracks.

In free practice was I clocking a 1:12.2 and my best qually lap was a 1:13.1 but I was consistently setting between 1:12.6 to 1:13.1 laps. In my first race I didn't get to set a time as it got to qualifying and just hung until a bunch of people left. By that point there was only enough time for the first few out the pits to set a lap. I finished that one 8th. Was as high as 6th but got dived bombed and bumped off track before the back straight. Second race it got to qualifying and hung again but then booted me out so I couldn't re-join. My final attempt which was the final 20:00 slot, I managed to qualify 3rd and was only .125 off pole. I slot it on the final corner on lap 3 (Tsukuba) going around the outside of 2nd as he was was sliding around all over the place. I opened the wheel too much and just kissed the grass but I managed to get way back up to 6th after dropping to 10th.

Same as Spaceman feel free to add as it's good to fill the boards out with other times and can learn a lot watching the replays of others. My PSN I think is Benjamin-Sayers

Soldato
If you are thinking of buying any Group 3 or 4 cars, you can join the manufacturers cup and use the Group 3 car at the moment, i guess the Group 4 car will appear in the garage tomorrow.

Looks like the race opens for qualifying 15 mins before the race time.

The Mclaren Gr.3 wasn't bad in the Daily Race B, started 14th, finished 8th.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like the race opens for qualifying 15 mins before the race time.

That's the same as the Nations Cup, once registered you can go into Free Practice and just lap until it takes you to qualify. Hopefully it doesn't do the same as yesterday and keep booting people out. If you plan of doing multiple races you only really get like a couple of minutes before the next entry period opens.

Soldato
That's the same as the Nations Cup, once registered you can go into Free Practice and just lap until it takes you to qualify. Hopefully it doesn't do the same as yesterday and keep booting people out. If you plan of doing multiple races you only really get like a couple of minutes before the next entry period opens.

It was just free practice still up until the race start time, then 7 minutes of F1 style qualifying.

Unfortunately i crossed the pit lane exit line and got a 3 second penalty on the outlap... everyone was trying to race to set a qualifying time, i guess they didn't understand to space out for a clean lap.

Anyway in practice i managed a 1:28.6 (about the time of 1st place in the race - DR:C SR:S)

Qualified 10th with a 1:30.2 - didn't get a clean air lap.. Finished 4th though :) - earned 10k, haha

The Mclaren GR.3 isn't bad, i may buy one at some point. I'll see what the GR.4 is like on Friday.

Soldato
The Mclaren GR.3 isn't bad, i may buy one at some point. I'll see what the GR.4 is like on Friday.

I picked the Renault and just massively regret it, I can't control it at all. The hairpin on the backstraight it just swaps ends on you unless you get it perfect. The best lap I've managed it s 1:30.2 I think. I qualified 12th on a 1:31, nearly everyone in my lobby was on a 1:29 odd, it was only a handful of us at the back on slow times. I span first lap at the same point and on the second lap lost it in the S's so just quit. I should have gone for something stable like the Aston, I'm also going to blame it on having the 'rona too.. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I do need to start using the faster cars though, as I generally just like sticking to road cars compared the race cars.

Soldato
I picked the Renault and just massively regret it, I can't control it at all.

it could be the stock setup, the audi r8 lms i won for doing something, liked to try to spin when i drove it.

I think it said you can join multiple races each day but only the last result counts. There is probably nothing much at the end of the cup though.

I hope we can sell cars at some point in the game, i just looked through my garage i have quite a few duplicates from the roulette.

Soldato
it could be the stock setup, the audi r8 lms i won for doing something, liked to try to spin when i drove it.

I think it said you can join multiple races each day but only the last result counts. There is probably nothing much at the end of the cup though.

I hope we can sell cars at some point in the game, i just looked through my garage i have quite a few duplicates from the roulette.

Yeah you can keep joining them from the day/evening but if you get a good result to just stop so you don't lose your points. I'll try and get on some other sessions during the evening but not holding out much hope for a good result and looking at the rest of the tracks for the cup I don't think it's going to get much better for me as it's those elevation changes.

Thankfully not scored a duplicate yet, didn't know that was even possible.

Soldato

Selling cars is coming, I think. Maybe in the next update who knows. But it is coming at some point.

Soldato
Selling cars is coming, I think. Maybe in the next update who knows. But it is coming at some point.

That's good to hear :)

I tried the loaned Mclaren GR.4 in Daily Race C, couldn't beat my 2:00.2 (Viper), tried a couple of laps in my Toyota 86 (1:59.2, with a perfect lap i could do 1:58.8), haven't tried the Mustang or Supra yet.

I don't think i'll be buying the GR.4 Mclaren, maybe the GR.3 though.

Soldato
That's good to hear :)

I tried the loaned Mclaren GR.4 in Daily Race C, couldn't beat my 2:00.2 (Viper), tried a couple of laps in my Toyota 86 (1:59.2, with a perfect lap i could do 1:58.8), haven't tried the Mustang or Supra yet.

I don't think i'll be buying the GR.4 Mclaren, maybe the GR.3 though.
I think the blurb on the PlayStation store mentions something about buying and selling. So one would hope it is coming. I have a couple of cars I want to sell. And I will not discard them.

Soldato
Folks, I just came across a deal for a racing wheel which I wanted to post here but cant remember if we are allowed.
I assume the rule is if OCUK stock it we are not allowed to link right?

Soldato
Pretty wild that they didn't include the feature to sell cars in this game. Planning it for a future update is pathetic!
Is this the first main GT game that you can't sell cars?

It's very odd, but then again they are trying to get people to buy credits with real money..

I'm used to having an auction house to bid against other players on used cars, that's been in Forza since Forza Motorsport 2 (2007)

Back
Top Bottom