Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
Managed to get a 3rd in my Nations Cup race yesterday. It's really weird as in Free Practice my times were consistently half a second quicker than what I could do in qualifying or the race.

Got up to 4th right off the start due to him doing a jump start and then backing right out to not get a penalty. I then got dived bombed around on the first corner dropping me to 7th. Managed to fight my way up to 3rd, finished about 2.5 seconds off the top 2 and .8 ahead of 4th. I think the guy who finished 4th was actually the polesitter and was easily the fastest car in the lobby, he must've had an oopsie in the midrace. It's equally exciting and scary knowing someone a lot faster is chasing you down.

The guy that finished 2nd was ranked 11th in my split for the UK (GT3 which I assume is the lowest) and was paired with me for all the Nations Cup races so nice to know while off the pace it's not bad.

Soldato
I really hope the next update fixes the normal online lobbies so the track etc. and host migration. There’s nothing more fun than joining a lobby with a race in progress, sitting there for 10 minutes for the race to finish then the lobby closes. I spent an hour online yesterday and only actually managed to do 2 races.

Soldato
When are we supposed to get the 1 million credits?

As others have said as long as you were logged in to the game at some point before the cut-off date you should have it in your gifts centre. My mate only got his PS5 after the blackout had finished and he managed to be entitled to the 1 million so I'd be surprised if you haven't got it.

Soldato
As others have said as long as you were logged in to the game at some point before the cut-off date you should have it in your gifts centre. My mate only got his PS5 after the blackout had finished and he managed to be entitled to the 1 million so I'd be surprised if you haven't got it.
Yes sorted.
No I didn't, but it was there as per the post after yours. I'd presumed it would just be added to your credit, didn't think to look in gifts.
Sorted now.

Soldato
Saved up all my roulette tickets and redeemed them last night, 30 odd. One sodding car out of the lot, a 500k and the rest mostly the least you could win. Utter swizz :(

Can see the six star ones appearing on the paid store sometime soon.

Caporegime
Saved up all my roulette tickets and redeemed them last night, 30 odd. One sodding car out of the lot, a 500k and the rest mostly the least you could win. Utter swizz :(

Can see the six star ones appearing on the paid store sometime soon.

I've had the worst roulette but last I won the 787b engine and am thinking about an RX7 transplant..

Soldato
Round 4 of the Manufacturers Cup

I ended up starting 12th as i didn't have a good qualifying over a second off my best practice lap. Finishing 9th - the Mclaren Gr4 isn't the nicest to drive around Laguna Seca.

Not a fan of the Mclaren Gr4, i quite liked the Mclaren Gr3 though. I'll test another pair of cars i haven't got for the next one i think, it saves wasting 700k :)

----------------
I've borrowed quite a few logos from around the interweb for liveries and uploaded them to GT7.

Are Overclockers UK ok with theirs being used?

a quick suit test from last night

OOR7P6x.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Guys, is this just a flaw of the game or was there something I could have done to avoid this??

Yep that just looks like the AI not understanding the context. It didn't realise that the car you hit was in the process of spinning out, it only saw that it was on the track and you hit it hard :(

Soldato
It's the 458 Gr4 ive been using in the daily races. I think there is only one Gr4, i think all the different Gr4 cars are 350k.

I joined the cult of Gr.3 458 last night too. It's good fun to use. spent the evening just doing Daily B over and over in it and it's a joy to use. Much better than the Megane I was using before.

Soldato
Guys, is this just a flaw of the game or was there something I could have done to avoid this??

I feel your pain, i've done a couple of daily races on the same circuit last few nights and regardless of my starting grid position i always end up dropping 6-10. Majority of the time it was due to people crashing into me sending me off the circuit, the perpetrator got a penalty but still ended up ahead of me after.

Soldato
I joined the cult of Gr.3 458 last night too. It's good fun to use. spent the evening just doing Daily B over and over in it and it's a joy to use. Much better than the Megane I was using before.

Yeah the 458 is fun to drive, sounds awesome too! i noticed 3 others on the Race B qualifying board last night :)

I bought the Gr3 lastnight and ran some qualifying laps on Race C, i think i can do a 1:26.2 if i get it all together. My fastest up until then was the R8 LMS Evo (prize car), but it turns in way to fast to be consistent with and randomly trys to kill me, if i don't have light throttle through the corners.

The 458 Gr3 sounds a bit better than the Gr4, but with BOP and no tuning, it does turn in a bit to quick. Still it's my quickest so far. (tried the Corvette, R8, Porsche(loan), 458, still have a Mazda and Supra to test)

Back
Top Bottom