Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
Hopefully I can join in too. XeNoN89 on PSN for anyone who hasn't already been added!

Already got you on my friends list. Hope to see you there :)

Still not been added poker_1987

Sent you a request :)

I can repurpose the old GTS league site if you can get enough people to participate in a league etc.

http://gts.thesnipergecko.co.uk/

I was arranging this just for fun but would be cool if we could get enough for a proper league.

Soldato
Had some fun tonight in race B. Bought the Audi R8 and it’s pretty nice. Pushing for 4th/5th in the races tonight. Was surprised at my lap time a good lap of +2 tenths would have put me 2nd in quali. So definitely improving.

Soldato
Had some fun tonight in race B. Bought the Audi R8 and it’s pretty nice. Pushing for 4th/5th in the races tonight. Was surprised at my lap time a good lap of +2 tenths would have put me 2nd in quali. So definitely improving.

Is that Gr3 in Deep Forest? I need to try another car, I'm using the RCZ at the minute and I'm on a low 1:29 but the car lacks the power to compensate for how crap I am at the track? It gets destroyed on the back straight.

Soldato
Is that Gr3 in Deep Forest? I need to try another car, I'm using the RCZ at the minute and I'm on a low 1:29 but the car lacks the power to compensate for how crap I am at the track? It gets destroyed on the back straight.
I'm using the Jag F-type for GR3. Quite enjoying it, don't think I've actually seen anyone else using it yet so either it's not actually that good or it's a hidden gem :D

Soldato
That’s the one yes. Feel like I’ve been racing that track for weeks so I’ve got a nice understanding of it. Can still mess up on the final hairpin though especially if my time is good. Always seem to bottle it!

Soldato
Cheers both! I'll see if I have either of those later as well. It's the "swoopy bit" after the first corner I struggle with. I'm either too cautious to keep the car stable or on the first section get too excited and run the car off/brake to hard sending it to the shadow realm.

The final hairpin is a nightmare in the Renault as it just wants to swap ends around.

Soldato
Cheers both! I'll see if I have either of those later as well. It's the "swoopy bit" after the first corner I struggle with. I'm either too cautious to keep the car stable or on the first section get too excited and run the car off/brake to hard sending it to the shadow realm.

The final hairpin is a nightmare in the Renault as it just wants to swap ends around.
Yeah took me a while to get it clean through there and sometimes I still mess it up. I think if you push too hard through the first corner it can compromise you through the next two. So I brake slightly at the first and try not to cut too much on the second. I was watching the AI through the third corner of that section and they stay more in the middle away from the kerb. Played around with that last night and I can definitely carry more speed through there if I am not rattling the kerbs. It’s a really fun track when it all comes together.

Soldato
Looks like the other cars that are good to use are the beetle and the ford. Just watched supergt, and he had most luck with the rcz and the ford.

Soldato
A couple of good races in Race B tonight Ben :)

So far my best qualifying for Race B is 1:28.3 in the GTR, i could probably make up a tenth with a perfect (for me) lap. (162mph at the start line)

Corvette 1:28.4 - handles better than the GTR and no turbo lag, 1:27's possible (162mph at the start line)
Jag 1:28.4 - handles better than the GTR, supercharged so great out of the slower corners, 1:27's possible (163mph at the start line)

I had a few good races with a German player in an EVO, basically right together for 4-5 laps each time. That seems to handle better, but the GTR chases it down on every straight.

I still have loads of Gr3 cars i haven't tested yet.. i'm bankrupt again will need to do some single player for a few days before i can buy more Gr3/Gr4 cars.

Soldato
A couple of good races in Race B tonight Ben :)

I had literally just got bumped up to 'B' and it put me in your lobby. I didn't realise on the first race until you left and thought that's a weird tag looks a lot like the guy off OcUK and then it paired me up with you again! You were brave trying the 4c out on that track with that back straight!

I'm not surprised you're broke either, before I did any races I thought I'd check the leader board to see if you had improved your time which you had in the Aston, thought I'd try it out until I saw the 800k price... I nope'd out of that and got the 650s GT3 instead lol. The Macca is on rails, it handles LOADS better than the RCZ in my opinion I just can't get any pace out of it. Is the Corvette the one you win? The Yellow one?

Did you see why I got the 6 second penalty? I think I should have got one but 6 seconds was harsh. The guy ahead of me had just served a penalty so I was coming in miles quicker than him and rather than taking me back on the switchback he just turned in a bit early so I tapped him but that then knocked me into someone else from what I could tell that just seemed to massively overshoot the corner and was just steaming back on to the track. I can only assume it was 6 seconds as I "tapped" two cars and gained two places but I don't think I pushed anyone off or made anyone spin? I should have saved the replay.

Back
Top Bottom