Gran Turismo 7

Soldato
I got gold for the lap on the Fisherman's Ranch CE today.

Just Lemans & Nordschiefe CE's left to get gold for the whole lap.

I haven't had a lap without mistakes on Nordschleife, but only 5 seconds off a gold time, so it should be do-able.

I'm about 3 seconds off gold on Lemans, it's annoying with the Porsche curves on controller at the end of the lap. I may wait for another update to see if the sort the random spinning. It's apparently OK on a wheel.

I was getting punted about in daily race B yesterday, the races were fully infected with Atenza's in B/S. I didn't use mine so the muppets could catch me after making mistakes. I may use the easy mode car later in the week..

Associate
I got gold for the lap on the Fisherman's Ranch CE today.

Just Lemans & Nordschiefe CE's left to get gold for the whole lap.

I haven't had a lap without mistakes on Nordschleife, but only 5 seconds off a gold time, so it should be do-able.

I'm about 3 seconds off gold on Lemans, it's annoying with the Porsche curves on controller at the end of the lap. I may wait for another update to see if the sort the random spinning. It's apparently OK on a wheel.

I was getting punted about in daily race B yesterday, the races were fully infected with Atenza's in B/S. I didn't use mine so the muppets could catch me after making mistakes. I may use the easy mode car later in the week..

Any tips on Laguna Seca CE? I know the track from a gazillion racing games, feel like I'm doing decent laps despite the Viper being a bit of an understeery mess but still cant get close to the Gold time. Currently 1.5 seconds off and no idea where its coming from.

And yeah I was in an Atenza in the B races. Can't beat em join em I say.

Soldato
Any tips on Laguna Seca CE? I know the track from a gazillion racing games, feel like I'm doing decent laps despite the Viper being a bit of an understeery mess but still cant get close to the Gold time. Currently 1.5 seconds off and no idea where its coming from.

And yeah I was in an Atenza in the B races. Can't beat em join em I say.

For Laguna Seca it might be the gears you're in coming out of the corners losing you time (mostly 3rd or 4th). I think in that car I short shift about half way along the bar in the HUD too. Try to keep up with the Demo ghost, if it pulls away try a higher gear out of the corners.

I'm hoping when they fix the PP exploits hopefully this week, we might start getting non BOP daily races again, so more Gr4 & Gr3 cars will be competitive. I usually try out some cars, hoping the Atenza has been corrected, then just end up using it like everyone else.

Associate
Stuck on S-10 test, holy moly thats difficult, im about 4 seconds off gold, think i might need a wheel and pedals for this malarkey.

If your spinning/losing all the time on the exit of eau rouge and the last fast left at the end, then I had the same problem on the wheel. I gave up in the end, got bored and chucked some assists on, did it first go. I just couldn’t be bothered to waste the time on it.

Soldato
I'm hoping when they fix the PP exploits hopefully this week, we might start getting non BOP daily races again, so more Gr4 & Gr3 cars will be competitive. I usually try out some cars, hoping the Atenza has been corrected, then just end up using it like everyone else.

I'm hoping the same as the NC race today in with Impreza vs Evo (Yaris is rubbish) was so much fun. I was miles quicker through the bends but the Evo tanked me in the straights so was a good bit of cat and mouse throughout.

Soldato
JkqKPfx.jpeg
I shared my replay in game, i use the bumper cam (just dials at bottom), if you want to see what i saw during the lap (it wasn't the best lap to be fair).

Just the Leman's full lap left to gold from the Circuit Experiences now :D

Soldato
Server maintenance is Monday morning, so i guess there will be an update.

Fingers crossed the PP glitches get fixed, maybe the daily races wont need to all be BOP next week!

Soldato
Server maintenance is Monday morning, so i guess there will be an update.

Fingers crossed the PP glitches get fixed, maybe the daily races wont need to all be BOP next week!

Server Maintenance Notice (25 April) - gran-turismo.com

Sounds more like they are just going to be changing entry requirements to the single player stuff rather than have a fix for the problem at the minute, so I hope you've kept that Altenza nice and warmed up.

Soldato
Server Maintenance Notice (25 April) - gran-turismo.com

Sounds more like they are just going to be changing entry requirements to the single player stuff rather than have a fix for the problem at the minute, so I hope you've kept that Altenza nice and warmed up.

Ah they didn't have the PP bit when i looked yesterday morning, shame!

Anyway i warmed my Atenza up yesterday just in-case :) if only it wasn't such a boring car to drive.

gdi5MXX.jpeg

It's there anyway of skipping cafe bits, the Group B rally stuff is annoying me, I'd have bought Dirt if I wanted to do rally.

I don't think you can skip anything in the Cafe menu, as it unlocks features for the rest of the game.

Soldato
Ah they didn't have the PP bit when i looked yesterday morning, shame!

Anyway i warmed my Atenza up yesterday just in-case :) if only it wasn't such a boring car to drive.

gdi5MXX.jpeg

I don't think you can skip anything in the Cafe menu, as it unlocks features for the rest of the game.
I'm so rubbish at rally stuff, just not interested in it. Basically put a stop to GT7 for me now.

Soldato
I'm so rubbish at rally stuff, just not interested in it. Basically put a stop to GT7 for me now.

Once you get through the Cafe menu, other than a couple of races, missions or Circuit Experience if you want to do them, there aren't any other dirt races.

Dirt racing physics are terrible in GT7. If you carry on try TCS 0, Weight Dist 50/50 & Brake bias -2. That's what I used for all the dirt races & CE's. Tap brakes or let off throttle just before big jumps and hope the car doesn't bounce all over the place on landing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think GT7 has broken my controller :p

Installed it today for the first time, almost immediately both L2 and R2 started making an almighty rattle under heavy braking/acceleration, and I think the adaptive trigger on R2 has now given up entirely, as it's feeling noticeably lighter than L2!

Back
Top Bottom