Gran Turismo Sport - OcUK Events Thread

Associate
Good race, I got nervous again and made easy slipups, was good fun though.

I wish they added the ability to gift cars to friends. Seems a shame we couldn't help you out with a car.

No worries, I will make sure I have enough credits to get a car. I have a few in classes above annoyingly..

Soldato
OP
No worries, I will make sure I have enough credits to get a car. I have a few in classes above annoyingly..
You may be able to enter with one of those, if you can downgrade it to a Gr.4.

Will we be changing classes for each race or sticking with GR4 ?

I think for now yes we stick with Gr.4 for this season. I've updated the schedule on the mini site for races in November.

I'll up the Race finish delay too so it gives everyone a better chance of finishing.

Soldato
Of those who raced yesterday who were controller or wheel? I know tsg is wheel.

Controller :D. The tool in which you use isn't important, it's how you use it. If it could help, we could jump on the next race track together to get some practice in. We could try various things like you spectating or shadowing my car and we will gradually increase speed.

Don
Jel..I still can't get my head around cornering. I know what has been mentioned about the 'gear' flashing and so forth, I just can't seem to time it correctly, either going too slow or too fast. The race yesterday was a shambles

Soldato
Jel..I still can't get my head around cornering. I know what has been mentioned about the 'gear' flashing and so forth, I just can't seem to time it correctly, either going too slow or too fast. The race yesterday was a shambles

One thing you can do is when you are approaching a corner, don't go in full throttle to the point of slamming on your brakes. Most of the time you can simply just ease of the throttle when approaching a corner and let the car roll on its own. Then use this to get ready to gradually start braking. I'll be on throughout today, so I can try help out as and when you like.

Don
One thing you can do is when you are approaching a corner, don't go in full throttle to the point of slamming on your brakes. Most of the time you can simply just ease of the throttle when approaching a corner and let the car roll on its own. Then use this to get ready to gradually start braking. I'll be on throughout today, so I can try help out as and when you like.

Cheers!

Associate
That's great watching the replay of last nights race, good battle for 2nd at times.

Of those who raced yesterday who were controller or wheel? I know tsg is wheel.
I'm on a pad, but hoping to get a G29 - I think it will make things easier and more consistent and up the general experience vs pad.

Following on from Spacedecks response; If you haven't done all the licence tests, do these they will help with cornering/braking + watch the intro videos for each one to help (you can see when they brake, what gear they are entering the corner, entry speed & corner line etc). Then move on to the circuit experiences to gain track experience - again watch any videos to help with your braking,cornering etc.
You can use the gear indicator to help with guide on gear selection for a corner, and the orange cones for your braking markers. Then it's all about practice...on the brakes it's about slamming on the anchors as late as possible and trail braking to the apex. You can then get to the point where you are braking later than the two orange cones and carrying more corner speed/higher gear than the gear indicator in a number of situations. With the pad you just need to be gentle and progressive with the brake/accelerator - a little more tricky than having pedals as part of a wheel setup.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks good, Brands is a tricky one to overtake at........"Rubbing is Racing"

Are car setup changes locked by default with BOP on, or is that a separate selection?

I think BoP locks pretty much everything down other than the assists. Would need to check to clarify though. You may be able to adjust gears etc but no adding power or weight reductions.

Back
Top Bottom