Gran Turismo Sport - OcUK Events Thread

Soldato
Sorry guys, I couldn't go through 25 laps of that, I just had to retire. I dont know what the hells going on, but everyone is so much faster, it cant just be the driving, it must be car tuning and I dont know how to do that.

How much have you played of the game and how much of Brands Hatch have you driven? It could simply be a case of we’ve played it more. Also Brands Hatch is a tricky track, braking for turn 1 and the last corner is so easy to mess up that I think I only took the perfect racing line a couple times at each corner in all 25 laps.

Yeah was a good race....so close at the end!!

Indeed, I think you messed up near the end as you suddenly ended up 3 seconds behind. Then I realised I only had 2 laps to not mess up so of course I messed up both of them. It should have been your win though tbh as had you not started near/at the back I think you would have won.

Associate
Indeed, I think you messed up near the end as you suddenly ended up 3 seconds behind. Then I realised I only had 2 laps to not mess up so of course I messed up both of them. It should have been your win though tbh as had you not started near/at the back I think you would have won.

Yeah I made a mistake and ran wide at the last corner, and then thought sod it...only two laps to go....give it some...then like you say I saw you getting a bit sideways and it ended up very close. It's a tricky track to overtake at though unless someone makes an error, even if you're a bit quicker than the car in front it's hard to get by without barging past!

Soldato
It was looking like an interesting race until I binned at the chicane on lap 2 or 3 :( pure recovery drive after that though I did quite enjoy time trialling to play catch up. It was also very kind of snipergecko and whoever was in the GTR to both mess up at the last corner and let me through :D

Associate
Yeah was a good race...I kept messing up that first chicane for some reason tonight and letting every gap I had pulled out vanish.

What happened to Greeboth? Ah I see - the one big risk of the track!

Soldato
It was looking like an interesting race until I binned at the chicane on lap 2 or 3 :( pure recovery drive after that though I did quite enjoy time trialling to play catch up. It was also very kind of snipergecko and whoever was in the GTR to both mess up at the last corner and let me through :D

Me going wide was intentional :). After watching you pit and still catch up, I knew you would have gone past anyway. So instead of fighting, I made the move to let you pass and I'll tail you from there. Then you was making mistakes in front of me. Could have had you on at least two of them mistakes but I didn't want to risk cutting you off or colliding.

I'm too safe of a driver :rolleyes:.

Soldato
Yeah was a good race...I kept messing up that first chicane for some reason tonight and letting every gap I had pulled out vanish.

What happened to Greeboth? Ah I see - the one big risk of the track!

Yup :( I damaged my steering so no way could I have continued so had to pit. Shame really as I was looking forward to the fight. Oh well, I’ll get you at the next one ;)

Me going wide was intentional :). After watching you pit and still catch up, I knew you would have gone past anyway. So instead of fighting, I made the move to let you pass and I'll tail you from there. Then you was making mistakes in front of me. Could have had you on at least two of them mistakes but I didn't want to risk cutting you off or colliding.

I'm too safe of a driver :rolleyes:.

I did wonder why you didn’t go for the overtake on a couple of occasions but didn’t realise you let me pass :( Next time just go for the move as I’ll do my best to hold on to a place but there was a couple times at least where it was your corner and you backed out of it.

Associate
Would be good if we could get a few more people to join us every Tuesday to fill the grid out. Anyone have any other forums they frequent or something so we could try and muster a few more people?

Associate
Would be good if we could get a few more people to join us every Tuesday to fill the grid out. Anyone have any other forums they frequent or something so we could try and muster a few more people?

Having been toying with the idea of picking up one of the new racing games (Forza Motorsport 7, Gran Turismo Sport or Project Cars 2), and would love to get involved with some regular real world racing. But if you guys tend to race on a Tuesday evening, that counts me out :(

Soldato
Apologies that I've missed the last two races. Had some real life car problems creep up and been preoccupied with sorting that out. Hopefully I'll be back for race 4 next Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom