Gran Turismo "Sport"

Associate
Yeah looking into it now

Haven't got a race today. Server error every time after qualifying practice when it loads match making :(

Yeah I had the same thing. Failed to get into a race. I am hopefully to get in tomorrow or monday. Guess it was always going to happen with fixed time slots, everyone loading up the same time lol

Soldato
Yeah I had the same thing. Failed to get into a race. I am hopefully to get in tomorrow or monday. Guess it was always going to happen with fixed time slots, everyone loading up the same time lol

Was a shame but I love T.T stuff anyways so nailing around Brands Hatch was amazing fun. The fact its still 8 odd months out from release and the engine feels that stable and plays that well says great things for the final product :)

Man of Honour
Haven't done any official races but some ran Brands Hatch a couple of times.

From what I've played I have to say I don't think I like it. I've played a lot of GT5 and 6, as well as the previous games and many other sims as well. And it just feels off some how. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's because I'm using a G29 and I'm used to using a Fanatec V2 base and V3 pedals, even with GT6.

Associate
I managed to get a couple of races but it was the usual ram them off the track if you can't get past scenario which was annoying when I was trying to stick to the rules hehe. The other just had issues with the internet/lag. I eventually just got kick due to a lost connection (it wasn't to do with my internet either) so I just gave up.

While racing on track the other cars are darting about everywhere due to bad lag. Hope they fix this as I enjoyed my time doing time trials/quali on my own.

Soldato
Yeah i got 2 races on ring wedsnesday night.

Missed quali so started at the back but ended up 5th in first race just because I drove properly! And didn't rely on ramming

The Peugeot concept car thing is ridiculous as its so fat you cant actually pass it on that course!! Spent ages just following behind someone as they bounced off walls and generally played burnout in front me

I am impressed so far and will look forward to finished game. Most likely play more SP if there is one mind you

Soldato
Hmm, I have to say I'm really sad about the cut down number of cars etc. Haven't played a GT since 2, was really looking forward to spending hours in single player career mode.

Soldato
Only thing that bugs me about the GT games is the camera. It's like having a go pro stuck onto the boot, I like it Forza style. you can see the car turn a bit, not "stuck" if that makes a lick of sense?

V F

V F

Soldato
Will it be wrong to chuckle if this is to be advertised as the true driving simulator again?

That video looks and sounds horrible. Sounds like someone shampooing the carpets.

Soldato
Will it be wrong to chuckle if this is to be advertised as the true driving simulator again?

That video looks and sounds horrible. Sounds like someone shampooing the carpets.

Are you new to Gran Turismo titles?
As someone that has played every GT game to date this is what I have come to expect from them

V F

V F

Soldato
Yes and no? Had Gran Turismo since GT5: Prologue. GT5 and GT6. I hardly played GT6 as it felt much the same as GT5 and could no longer put up with the irritating tyre screeching.

Then I got Assetto Corsa and never looked back.

Back
Top Bottom