Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
why has this no real single player campaign?, lazy developers, other well know driving games have good single player, again we have waited 4yrs for yet another half completed game?...grrrrr

Soldato
why has this no real single player campaign?, lazy developers, other well know driving games have good single player, again we have waited 4yrs for yet another half completed game?...grrrrr
I wouldn't go as far as saying "good" campaigns.

Dirt 4 has a load of randomly generated tracks for its campaign.
Assetto Corsa has a few races and time trials for a campaign.
PCARS probably has the better campaign out the recent racing games IMO.

Soldato
I've started playing Gran Turismo 4. What a game! I've played GT3, 5 and 6 extensively and GT2 a bit. Not sure how I ended up skipping 4.

I'm thinking that GT Sport is unlikely to appeal to me unfortunately. I love the rags to riches feeling of the "story modes" of GT games, the online aspect doesn't do it for me.

Fortunately I've got Forza Motorsport 7 to look forward to! As a PC / PS gamer, it will be a new experience for me.

Soldato
Went back to GT 6 last night for the first time in ages, it's still a bloody good game tbf
For those wanting single player career in GT Sport I suggest you play GT6 against "professional" AI, it's laughable...you are better off running hotlaps alone and just enjoying the driving that spending the "race" just catching and passing them

ONLINE racing is where it's at imho

Soldato
Went back to GT 6 last night for the first time in ages, it's still a bloody good game tbf
For those wanting single player career in GT Sport I suggest you play GT6 against "professional" AI, it's laughable...you are better off running hotlaps alone and just enjoying the driving that spending the "race" just catching and passing them

Its true, but I too enjoyed what was said above, start with a civic and work up to the GT / endurance racing . I do race online , but only on PC as I don't have a wheel for my PS4 and I prefer a wheel when going online. I guess times are changing and the focus of console racing games are also changing.

I do wonder how much longer Forza has in its current form?

Soldato

They did this with the last Sport pre fixed version though. Can't rememeber if it was before 3 or before 4 but either way it was almost a demo of what the following game was going to be like. I think i'll just wait for 7 on the PS5. Lol

Soldato

I am playing GT6 at the moment too. The AI and especially the rolling starts are very annoying, on some tracks with a long start/finish straight, or races with 10 cars in it, you start a good 20 seconds behind the leader, and these early races have only have a few laps/3 minutes of racing to catch up! It's not racing, it's more a challenge mode of overtaking the AI who are driving around the track in neat procession. I really hope for a quite different game from GTS.

Back
Top Bottom