Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Ref the lack of career mode - I honestly think that's something that may get added in later. With the current reduced amount of cars and tracks, it would be difficult to offer a career mode with enough variety, but that should be addressed over time.

I see no reason why they couldn't. I think the main focus post launch is going to be releasing cars/tracks for DLC. Kazunori Yamauchi has said he wants the final figure of cars to be close to the 500 mark. It wouldn't be difficult to add in new challenges or daily challenges like they did with GT6. A little something extra to keep people coming back for more.

Something I haven't mentioned and I've not seen anyone else mention yet is the speed of the UI. It's pretty damn snappy compared to previous releases. Though not as quick as GT6 I don't think to get in to races, it's no where near as slow as GT5 was. It sits comfortably in the middle. The addition of the Select button when doing the missions/challenges is a welcome change, so you can swap challenges on the fly now without the need to back out to the menu each time.

Soldato
Doesn't sound like a big deal, but the events being "live" at set times, and putting in a qualifying lap to get matched with players of similar skill makes a huge difference to the experience.

My only gripe about that is sometimes I just want to jump in and play, I know I can qualify which can pass the time but I would like to see a reduction in the time between races, maybe 15 minutes ?

Don
My only gripe about that is sometimes I just want to jump in and play, I know I can qualify which can pass the time but I would like to see a reduction in the time between races, maybe 15 minutes ?

Or even just a reminder "Race you have qualified for is about to start - do you want to enter?" if you are elsewhere in the UI e.g. photo mode, livery editor, museum etc.

Something I haven't mentioned and I've not seen anyone else mention yet is the speed of the UI. It's pretty damn snappy compared to previous releases.

Does seem much better, a lot more polished overall.

Associate
did the beginner lessons, thought here we go, lets have a race and now connection issues (ne-210003ed) , can only play in arcade mode it says.
No i cant. **** like this isn't winning me over right now. Same error codes they were getting in April :(

Soldato
Think my free trial finished, can't load the game anymore, servers went down mid game before hand?
By far best racing AI I've ever played against, take a plunge down the inside of a corner, go in to deep - they take the undercut, they never give up a position easy either. Just a shame about the campaign or lack of it. I don't have Playstation live so this would be wasted on me.

Soldato
Think my free trial finished, can't load the game anymore, servers went down mid game before hand?
By far best racing AI I've ever played against, take a plunge down the inside of a corner, go in to deep - they take the undercut, they never give up a position easy either. Just a shame about the campaign or lack of it. I don't have Playstation live so this would be wasted on me.

Servers are down, the demo should be for 4 days.

Caporegime
Playstation Live, is that a conglomeration between Sony and Microsoft? :D

Associate
I played the closed beta and didn’t like it, but I have to say I really enjoyed gt sport tonight. You can really tell the difference in quality from a huge Polyphony/Sony budget compared to PC2 and it’s rather smaller sub £20m budget...very impressive look and feel and drives quite nicely too...I’ve changed my mind, will probably get this now.

Soldato
Had a go on one of the Tokyo Expressway tracks last night in the GR 1 class, really enjoyed the tight, fast track, I was noting special, 10th at the last corner until Sonic_Boo whoever he is came steaming in and wiped me out. I thought the car behind "ghosts" if they try those tricks ?

Soldato
Streaming my replay from last night.

30 laps on Dragons Trail. My tuned up GT-R Gr.4 Vs. Professional AI in GR.3 cars. What a race!

Needed it to get my 1m credits before the demo ends. Think I won 105,000 for placing 1st.

Last edited:
Soldato
Streaming my replay from last night.

30 laps on Dragons Trail. My tuned up GT-R Gr.4 Vs. Professional AI in GR.3 cars. What a race!

Needed it to get my 1m credits before the demo ends. Think I won 105,000 for placing 1st.

Incredible race wasn't it.
Makes all the jackasses that cried about lack of "career" mode look a bit silly doesn't it.

Soldato
Incredible race wasn't it.
Makes all the jackasses that cried about lack of "career" mode look a bit silly doesn't it.

Yep. There was a point in the race (around lap 7 I think) where I came off, totally missed a break point for a corner and thought it was over, pushed hard though to catch up. That BMW didn't want to give up that position though! Great battling. Best AI I've come across.

A lot better than PCARS2 AI who just drive through you.

Soldato
OP
Well. I’ve logged in this morning to receive the same gift as I did yesterday for the daily gift (N24 GTR)... which confused me straight away. Turns out yesterday didn’t exist, as I’ve got the same mileage points, distance driven and credits as I did 24 hours ago.

Few more 20 lap arcade races it is.

Caporegime
Yep. There was a point in the race (around lap 7 I think) where I came off, totally missed a break point for a corner and thought it was over, pushed hard though to catch up. That BMW didn't want to give up that position though! Great battling. Best AI I've come across.

Yes but you did overtake 4 cars on the first two corners so the AI wasn't too conpetative. Is that good or bad?

Soldato

I'd actually kill for this sort of AI on Forza.....

Roll on next week, can't wait to get stuck into GT Sport properly. Have been a fan of the franchise ever since day one on the PS1

Back
Top Bottom