Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
You have to ask, if the GT Mode was that close to being finished, then why not add to the game and release a few months later? Sometimes I feel we buy games to beta test and get the finished product a few months down the line.

Still - it seems the game is getting some really good updates, so its not all bad news.

Don
I they they stagger updates for longevity purposes, people will no doubt play it throughout the year rather than exhausting it all in the first couple of months.

Wait until they release supply drops or Ultimate Car mode :p

Soldato
I they they stagger updates for longevity purposes, people will no doubt play it throughout the year rather than exhausting it all in the first couple of months.

Wait until they release supply drops or Ultimate Car mode :p

You know, you might be on to something there...

I wonder with the PSN deal and the new content announced, the game is now selling well? And if they keep adding content the game will just slowly shift ? They could have a cunning plan here.

Soldato
You know, you might be on to something there...

I wonder with the PSN deal and the new content announced, the game is now selling well? And if they keep adding content the game will just slowly shift ? They could have a cunning plan here.
The trouble is as I said above the majority of people won’t know about the update and base their buying decision of off reviews.

Associate
Definitely getting this tomorrow, £25 is too good to pass up digitally. I like to get all my multiplayer titles on digital because it tends to be an on the spot decision over which one I'll play, saving my lazy self having to keep swapping discs :p + I'm less likely to want to sell them.

With Sony making so much money from PS+, any first party game that needs it to run properly they can sell at a loss/cheap early on because it just promotes PS+. The game should get more free updates too making it an even more attractive buy for people.

Quick question, can you get the deluxe edition cars through normal play or is deluxe the only way to acquire them?

Soldato
The trouble is as I said above the majority of people won’t know about the update and base their buying decision of off reviews.

Sadly that could be true. Shame, as it is a fairly decent racing game. I wrote it off at first due to lack of single player content, actually I've since found the arcade mode is quite good and now GT mode is coming back, game is looking very healthy.

Soldato
Gosh this game is so much better with a wheel - I have a G29 I used on my PC, decided to drag it from the PC upstairs and try it with GT Sport. Much improved. Sadly whereas with my PC I have a sturdy PC desk to clamp the wheel to, I ended up clamping to an ironing board as a temp measure, not quite so sturdy.

Still the difference it made to how the game handles from gamepad to wheel is massive for me.

Associate
^ G29 is also on sale at the moment.

Damnnit, can't believe the game is now £17.86.

Lost a couple of quid by buying it yesterday :( :p

Picked up a G29 (wheel and shifter) from Currys last night. Normal Currys price £219.99, Black Friday deal gives 30% off...so currently £163.67. Bargain if you ask me!

Got Project Cars 2 to go with it though, still debating whether or not to pick up Gran Turismo Sport.

Last edited:
Soldato
The G29 is a great wheel, I got mine ages ago - not sure what I paid for it, wasn't £163 - think was under £200 at the time. Works great on both PC and PS4

Soldato
The game must be selling so badly to be this cheap already. Did they even announce that they were even adding a campaign mode until like week before the patch?

Soldato
The game must be selling so badly to be this cheap already. Did they even announce that they were even adding a campaign mode until like week before the patch?

I too think this game is selling badly. I think they have worked overtime to get the GT mode back in - they made a huge mistake removing the GT mode and focusing on with online first. Seems everyone voted with their wallets and quite right as well. Sadly, this has damaged (maybe) a really solid and great looking and great handling racing game. I just hope the price drops, and the upcoming patches and re-introduction of GT mode safes this franchise. What a shame, what a huge mistake if the game isn't selling due to the missing GT mode everyone so loves.

Back
Top Bottom