Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Thanks mate....took me quite a few attempts to get down to that.....I think there's more to come....but stringing a whole lap together is damn hard work.....time consuming and involves all manner of swear words......I did originally do a 6.53 on my 3rd attempt on the pad...but learning to slowly find time on the wheel with no assists....but there's a fine line I'm still trying to get the hang of.

However that's nothing compared to the record....no idea how they can find another 20 seconds on me....aliens!!

It's the same for some of the other circuit experience records - I don't think you can get the lap record's ghost but it would certainly help to see where they make up so much time.

I've been trying to get down in the low 6:30's and that's hard enough, let alone a 6:26! But given how long the lap is, it's doable. You just have to be on the ragged edge for the entire 20KM!

Key places are corner exits for the long straights. 2mph lower exit speed from Bergwerk can add 2 or 3 seconds by the time you reach the bottom of Karussell.

Same goes for the exit of Galgenkopf down into Tiergarten

Having a wheel certainly helps. The track feels very very narrow when using a pad because of how (relatively) large your steering inputs are

Associate
Well done man, I am like 25 seconds off your record let alone the record :p I can gold all the parts but putting it together I get don't even get close!

I cant even break the 7 minute mark!

Sitting at Knockhill circuit waiting to do an experience day, hope gt sport has given me an edge on the others here :p

Im sure it will! Especially if you use a pad - brake and accelerator are on/off switches, and lock to lock in less than a second!

Soldato
Did anyone else struggle on the Bathurst lap experience? The McLaren really didn't seem to have much grip and I had to drive slower than I expected to not spin it in to the walls.

On a side note, now I've got to grips with the livery editor I'm finding it quite fun to make some. Shame GT doesn't have a market place like Forza did/does though as it was always a good source of income for me.

Soldato
Yeah the Bathurst circuit experience was the only one that was properly challenging I thought, mainly because it requires a totally different approach to the other circuits (similar to the Nordschleife)

Key is to use the camber in the corners as you go up the hill to carry speed and get your rhythm nailed for the top section (you should be flat after "The Cutting" until you get down to "The Esses"). You can go faster than you think, but just need to be careful of the topography - particularly as you start to head back down the hill. Take the entry into "The Dipper" slower and get back on the throttle early at the exit to build speed again. Don't break until ~150m for "The Chase" with front brake bias

Soldato
I managed to get gold but other tracks (haven't attempted Nordscheife yet) by the time I've got gold for the sections I easily do the whole lap with plenty of time. Except Bathurst took a number of attempts and then I only managed it by a few tenths. The car just didn't seem to handle that well and I suffered with locking the rears while downshifting but I didn't play with any of the settings so it could be I need to move the brake bias forward a little in general.

Soldato
Well the Gr.3 races are definitely harder than the one make :D

Just had a BS race though where one guy barged into me from the side, then another rammed from behind.. pleasant stuff still managed to finish second, lost 1st by 0.150 :(

Soldato
Completed Driving School all gold - is it me or are the challenges , missions a lot easier then previous GT games? I didn't expect to gold all the driving school in just one sitting.

Waiting for GT mode - its December but no GT mode, I'm impatience lol.

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Completed Driving School all gold - is it me or are the challenges , missions a lot easier then previous GT games? I didn't expect to gold all the driving school in just one sitting.

Yeah I'm finding them pretty easy too, wasn't aware of the GT mode, that's great news :D

Associate
Anyone managed to get the 'King of the ovals' trophy? I'm sure I've done far more than 500 miles on ovals but it hasn't 'popped'...

Soldato

I went back to a lot of the gold trophies that I missed last week and noticed they had changed some of the times, it was definitely a lot harder when it first came out

Back
Top Bottom