***Grand Theft Auto VI***

Soldato
I played GTAV for about 15-20hours.
I never got the fascination of it. It was alright, the multiplayer aspect was annoying to use.

GTAVI doesn’t excite me.

Maybe I’m just getting old.

Soldato
It will be interesting to see how long it will take to release this.
I wonder if they will hold the release of the PC version as they did with GTAV? Seeing it might be mid-cycle for the current-gen if it comes out 2024/25, the new-gen release will be much further off.

Soldato
I've tried and I've tried to get into these games...but I can't, I just find them duller than dull, the cars handle horribly and the stories and characters just don't endear themselves to me.

The only good part is the large cities etc to go around.

Soldato
I'm assuming that it'll be a mid-late generation game with a next gen version planned from its inception. GTA V was undoubtedly planned in collaboration with Sony and MS to be an end of gen game with a next gen version released shortly into the PS4's life to cover the cost of the development (and then GTA:O took off...)

I am slightly surprised they're making it to be honest, I can't see how it can be as 'edgy' as the previous versions without offending half of the sensitive souls on US game websites mostly staffed by people in their mid 20s, and twitter. Not to mention it being cool to hate AAA games in general now. I just can't see it getting the perfect 10s across the board like most of their games (and I think all their main GTA releases?), someone (everyone) has got to have a hot take on twitter and hate the new AAA game. If I was R* I'd say sod it and milk the shark cards for eternity like they have done. However I'm sure the non-offended silent majority (which includes me) will enjoy it a lot. I just hope it is set somewhere new.

Today I realised that GTA San Andreas is set in 1992 and released in 2004 with a time gap of 12 years. GTA 4 released in 2008, 13 years ago (considering it was a November release), so is older than 1992 was when I played San Andreas eek! I still remember launching it for the first time!

Soldato
If it's made for Xbox One and PS4, not really that interested. If it's purely PS5/XBX onwards (and whenever PC is avail) then I am. Older consoles hold most of these games back so much it's infuriating.

Soldato
If it's made for Xbox One and PS4, not really that interested. If it's purely PS5/XBX onwards (and whenever PC is avail) then I am. Older consoles hold most of these games back so much it's infuriating.

Grand Theft Auto 6: Release date and all you need to know (pocket-lint.com)

GTA 6 platforms
Probably the other key detail contained in that first big leak around GTA 6 concerned the platforms it's likely to release on. Obviously, GTA 5 came out toward the tail end of a console generation, releasing on the PS3 and Xbox 360, then being re-released with better performance and graphics on the next set of consoles.

Apparently, that pattern won't be repeated with GTA 6, though. The leak suggests that the game will be exclusive to the Playstation 5 and Microsoft's Xbox Series X and S.

Given that those consoles will have been out for at least a couple of years upon release, that's entirely credible.

However, given that Red Dead Redemption 2 took a lot less time to come to PC players than GTA 5 did years ago, it would be slightly surprising if GTA 6 doesn't also make its way to PC within a year of release.
Really hope we no need to wait for a year after the console release for the PC version :(:mad:

Soldato
They succumbed to greed, re-released GTA V about 4 times on different platforms and expected people to carry on buying it each time, shark cards, milking, the list goes on.

I used to like them but in recent years.....

This is just my opinion though, don't take it to heart or anything :)
Just for you :cry::D:cry:
The upcoming next-gen remaster of Grand Theft Auto V has been delayed until March 2022.

Rockstar Games had previously confirmed that the “expanded and enhanced” versions of GTA V and GTA Online were releasing for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on November 11, 2021.

Next-gen GTA V has been delayed until March 2022 | VGC (videogameschronicle.com)

Soldato
Today I realised that GTA San Andreas is set in 1992 and released in 2004 with a time gap of 12 years. GTA 4 released in 2008, 13 years ago (considering it was a November release), so is older than 1992 was when I played San Andreas eek! I still remember launching it for the first time!

I still remember playing an early demo of GTA 1 in late 1996 / early 97. Id have been about 13 and it was at a friends house. We took turns playing the demo all night until about 2am :D

I bet Rockstar offices are not like this any more :)

Associate
I am looking forward to what comes out. GTA3 was the whole reason I brought a PS2. Hopefully it won’t be a dud ! Hopefully, we won’t be waiting months for a good PC release. Hopefully, I will have a GPU that can run GTA6 by then

Back
Top Bottom