1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic design and gaming (£1300+)

Discussion in 'New to PC gaming & upgrade advice' started by Indigo Koala, 7 Feb 2020.

1. Indigo Koala

Associate

Hi guys,

I haven't built a PC in about 15+ years so I'm a bit lost. I've had a look at some of the builds available on the shop but not sure if they do want I want or not.

Looking for something that can easily handle the full Adobe suite, 3D modelling programs, video editing and some higher end gaming. Pretty much starting from scratch - so peripherals are needed.

Is there a good guide on what to look for in monitors? Ideally would be at least 27" with scope to have additional monitors side by side, so minimal bezel.

Budget of around £1300, can bump up slightly if there's a significant performance step

Cheers

2. ExRayTed

Underboss

Hi and welcome to OCUK forums :)

I'm on my phone at the moment but I'll try and help once I'm home unless someone beats me to it :D

3. tamzzy

Capodecina

4. Indigo Koala

Associate

Fantastic, thanks for creating that list. It's a great help - I'll be ordering this weekend most likely.

Cheers again

5. EsaT

Capodecina

For that use you'll definitely want 2560x1440 monitor.
    Even web browsing is bad experience with medieval 1920x1080.

Biggest difference is in amount of BS marketroids use to sell worser products at higher prices.

6. Indigo Koala

Associate

7. tamzzy

Capodecina