• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphic's Card displays "No Signal"

Associate
Hello all,

I've got a ROG GTX 1060 GPU, however when i plug an HDMI cable in it doesn't pick up the monitor.

I've tried installing the driver for this GPU on another laptop hard drive with my laptop, then put that hard drive into my new gaming pc but no luck as the installation of the driver tries and detects the GPU on my laptop which isn't there.

I have got ROG ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard which doesn't have onboard Graphics to boot up into safe mode etc or generally to then install the driver.

The fans and LED's are working on the graphic's card as it's plugged in via a 8pin as required so i know i don't have any issues there with this graphic's card.

Please help! Any suggestion / ideas more than welcome & would be really helpful!

Kind Regards
Jord

Associate
OP
Tried 2 monitors, tried different HDMI cables. Not sure as it's not turned on yet just built it.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Motherboard
ROG GTX 1060
600W Power Supply
i7 2600k
4 x 4GB of Kingston Hyperbeast RAM
500GB / 250GB HDD

Associate
OP
Does it have sufficient current on the 12v rail for the GPU? Exactly which PSU is this?

Plugged in via an 8pin from a 600W PSU. It seems to have enough power as all 3 fans are spinning & LED's on on etc.

I've tried all the different PCIE slots on the motherboard as well.

Associate
OP
Seen it plugged in with the LED's and fans, do you reckon the GPU is faulty as i will send it back already contacted seller i bought off.

Soldato
600w PSU will be enough even a poor one. Its only a 1060 and its only showing a 2D screen! Sounds like you got a duff card. No display is a common fault people try the oven method or use a hot air gun to reflow the solder/cure the fault but it gives mixed results.

Associate
OP
600w PSU will be enough even a poor one. Its only a 1060 and its only showing a 2D screen! Sounds like you got a duff card. No display is a common fault people try the oven method or use a hot air gun to reflow the solder/cure the fault but it gives mixed results.

So you're suggesting to send it back as it's broken?

Associate
OP
Just checked all these switches by the PCIE slots are turned on. However there is a orange light by the ASUS network card & another orange light by the BIOS_LED.

The power pins in the top left corner which trip out has 'ATX 12V' next to it.

Unable to upload photos unfortunately just tried.

Back
Top Bottom