• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card not detected after power outage

Soldato
Hey guys,

I experienced a power outage in my condo. After this one of my Leadtek GTX 980 Ti's won't work anymore. Not detected in BIOS or Windows and no display on the monitor. However, it still lights up. Trying my other one in the same socket with the same power connectors works fine. Took out the faulty one to examine it and can't see any sign of physical damage and no burned smell etc. Left it out overnight and plugged it back in but no luck. It's still under warranty but because purchased in Thailand I will have to try my first RMA with the shop I bought it from, which I'm not confident about. Anyone got any ideas before I send it back to them?

Cheers,

Overslop

Last edited:
Associate
My only idea is to remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard (when the power supply is turned off). Wait 30secs then put it back in and boot it up. If you are lucky resetting the bios may finally get it detected. It will reset your overclock though. Its a long shot but worth trying IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom