• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card RMA for a 3080

Permabanned
@GIGA-Man

I may have to RMA an Aorus 3080 I bought new around 6 weeks ago but Im trying a new Mobo first to make sure. If I do have to go ahead with this where do I strand as I imagine theres no stock to send me a replacement should I need to?

Permabanned
OP
This is my problem anyways...

Tried to install a new m.2 drive today which was not recognised so I put it back how it was with original drive. PC boots OK but no signal to monitor. Maybe 1 in 10 times it will show a signal and GPU plays games/stress tests fine but the light is still on and mostly wont display a signal to the monitor. I have a non IGPU chip but Ive tried my Series X into my monitor which works so its not the monitor and Ive tried all day with various different things but nothing. Any ideas what this could be?

It feels like its the board or maybe the PSU?

Permabanned
OP
Bad cable or port on GPU?

Tried 3 cables and every port on the GPU. I can get it to boot into Windows now but the monitor/or TV as well, does not turn on until Windows is loaded up so I cant access the BIOS. Im starting to think Mobo or possibly PSU? PSU is a 1200wt Seasonic thats maybe 6 yers old.

Permabanned
OP
Try BIOS re-flash. You can try in Windows. Not the best way, but you should be able to.

Maybe the Bios is in quick boot or is corrupted.

You talking about the mobo bios being corrupted? If its on quick boot Im stuffed as I cant get back into the bios to bloody sort it! Honestly though guys, this has been a big help already.

Associate
You talking about the mobo bios being corrupted? If its on quick boot Im stuffed as I cant get back into the bios to bloody sort it! Honestly though guys, this has been a big help already.

Remove the CMOS battery. Hold the power button for 30 seconds or just leave machine for about 15 mins would reset the bios completely anyway. Some movie now even have complete bios resets anyway.

Permabanned
OP
Remove the CMOS battery. Hold the power button for 30 seconds or just leave machine for about 15 mins would reset the bios completely anyway. Some movie now even have complete bios resets anyway.

Removed the battery and left it for 30 minutes. Went through a few stop starts when it was booting up but same problem remains. Got a new board coming tomorrow so I guess we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom