• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Associate
Wish I'd known this before buying my Asus GTX480! Best hope it doesn't go wrong then and won't buy another Asus card that's for sure

Associate
I had to RMA an MSI 470 through OCUK. It took two weeks. No issues.
My only comment being that the card was only 2 months old and that I expected an instant replacment as an act of good will.

Matt

Soldato
Nice list, I'd vote for sticky if this is going to be kept up-to-date.

It might be worth adding which companies allow you to remove the stock cooler to replace with a better one or a water block. I know Evga allow this.

Soldato
Three weeks have passed. Still no word on the RMA'd 5770 that OcUK returned to Asus.

RMA Status still reads - 'We are currently awaiting a replacement from our supplier'

Associate
Three weeks have passed. Still no word on the RMA'd 5770 that OcUK returned to Asus.

RMA Status still reads - 'We are currently awaiting a replacement from our supplier'

Sounds about right. took 4 weeks for my 5870 replacement and they sent it to the wrong addresss.

Permabanned
Sapphire upto 2 months, Asus upto 3 months :(

I have both atleast if one does go on me i have the other, but if you only have 1 card that kinda sucks waiting that long.

Caporegime
I hope the asus warranty is three years, I just bought one from here and only cause it had 3 years warranty

Won't be buying asus again after this thread

Soldato
Can confirm the ASUS story. Bought mine from OCUK and tried to return within one year, got told "I had to do it direct". Some legal threats soon sorted that one out, but don't see why it should come to that.

All in all the card must have taken 3 weeks+, got a 5850 for my 4890 that went so I suppose that was a fair trade... now my second 4890 is on the way out so have to do it all again! God help me.

Associate
ive got a Inno3D nvdia 9800 gt had it for about just over a year maybe bout 1&1/2 years . and one of my dvi ports as just gone got it from ******s do you think i will be able to send back to them or nvdia ?

Associate
Still waiting on my RMA for a inno3d sent to OCUK...

word of warning OCUK dont deal with the RMA.. all they do is test it before sending it off to inno3d. Which to me just delays the process... Well come close to a month now since RMA started and still no Card :(

Probablem is I have bought another 460gtx so I hope that is what they send me and not an upgrade.

Associate
Still waiting on my RMA for a inno3d sent to OCUK...

word of warning OCUK dont deal with the RMA.. all they do is test it before sending it off to inno3d. Which to me just delays the process... Well come close to a month now since RMA started and still no Card :(

Probablem is I have bought another 460gtx so I hope that is what they send me and not an upgrade.

how long did you have your card befor it died ?

Associate
I mentioned in my other thread that msi hawk oc gtx460 is now playing up and i want a replacement.

I brought it on the 8th of october last year. Who di i go to, ocuk or msi?

If msi does anyone have any expeirience of RMA with them?

Cheers
Tank

Associate
Useful list thanks, should be a sticky. :)

+1

Really useful stuff here, it's not until you see it side-by-side you can make an informed decision, as the GPU is often the most expensive/important component in your system.

Who'd want to save a few quid but risk waiting up to 3 months for a replacement? In most cases that would mean no computer :mad:, at best no games. :(

I'd say this warranty info is as important as tech specs and price. Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom