• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics Card Warranties (UK Only) - Let's see how good they really are!

Soldato
Can anyone confirm the OcUK - XFX warranty deal ?

Fatboy assured me that under no circumstances would any warranty need to go through XFX in any way and everything would be dealt with buy OcUK in house.

Soldato
Sounds pretty rubbish the way ocuk are handling that guys xfx rma especially when reading that RMA Saying priority and replacement brand new card. Was swaying me to that just incase.

Hopefully ocuk will sort it out.

Associate
RMA received on: 3 Feb, 2011, 10:17am
Status: We are currently awaiting a replacement from our supplier.

If I'm honest I was pretty impressed with the service from them, they had tested it and confirmed it was faulty within 2 hours of receiving it, which was pretty quick!

But being made to wait 28 days for replacement, not so good. Especially when they have them in stock and OcUK have confirmed my gfx card is dead :(

Soldato
that's just customer service.

I rang and moaned a couple of times and eventually after 3 ish weeks I got a new one sent to me from stock.

They will receive a replacement back from the manufacturer but making the customer wait is just poor customer service.

Associate
I will never go near XFX cards again.
Long story cut short thier whole customer sevice sucks.
One very dispointed and out of pocket EX-XFX customer.
and RMA takes weeks not days.

Soldato
Point of View:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=15433838

Very ominous. 2 year warranty with RMA base in ASIA (that would set alarm bells ringing) and then in the third year they charge you for repairs?

They seem like a bigger bunch of thieves than Powercolour, which is going some.

[Edit] Sparkle seem to be a completely unknown quantity. I think with them you RMA to retailer, so it depends on the retailer in question.

[Edit 2] Looking though the thread, our friend in the OP seems to have stopped updating certain bits.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tute said:
[Edit 2] Looking though the thread, our friend in the OP seems to have stopped updating certain bits.
Nothing of note to update, I keep a good eye out for anything really - I may have a dig on Sparkle see if I can grab some info/details - probally the least popular brand.

The Info on the original thread is pretty much accurate, unless I get told otherwise but then again I dont take anything for granted, especially when someone buys an XFX card from OcUK and waiting 26 days already for a replacement - the warranty info seems pretty much reminiscent of the odour you get when walking into a Pig pen on a farm . . . . .

Last edited:
Soldato
Well Sapphire warranties are being honoured by OcUK so that can be updated.

It wasn't meant to read as a dig btw, that was totally not my intention. Just having a bad day. :)

Soldato
OP
Tute said:
Well Sapphire warranties are being honoured by OcUK so that can be updated.

It wasn't meant to read as a dig btw, that was totally not my intention. Just having a bad day. :)
No problem, but I read in a previous post someone buying an XFX card . . . was this from OcUK? they been waiting over 26 days.

the100thidiot said:
RMA received on: 3 Feb, 2011, 10:17am
Status: We are currently awaiting a replacement from our supplier.

If I'm honest I was pretty impressed with the service from them, they had tested it and confirmed it was faulty within 2 hours of receiving it, which was pretty quick!

But being made to wait 28 days for replacement, not so good. Especially when they have them in stock and OcUK have confirmed my gfx card is dead :(

Soldato
Hmm, then that's a retailer problem really. Would be interesting to know if OcUK got it back to him or not.

Either way, is that the norm or OcUK "dropping the ball"?

Associate
I tried to RMA my Sparkle after 18 months, waste of time, OCUK would not handle due to over 12 months old.

Sparkle website support is very timely, contact uk supplier no answer, Sparkle website support gave me personal address of a europe manager, first try, nothing, 2nd try firing both barrells i was accused of extortion and threats, 3rd try no answer.

Result: still a stuffed card, advise, dont touch Sparkle with a barge pole!.

This thread will seriously make me buy Gigabyte next time!

Soldato
Ah, that's really not good. So that leaves us with:

Gigabyte
KFA2
PNY
Zotac (Not sure how long RMA takes.)
EVGA (Around 2 weeks)
MSI (around 10 to 14 days RMA.)

And the ones through OcUK would be:

HIS
XFX
Gainward
Inno3D/Force3D
Palit
Sapphire

Leaving:

Asus - Do OcUK honour these if you don't have any luck with the manufacturer?
PowerColor - Often no response from RMA requests - Avoid like the plague!
Sparkle - Often no response from RMA requests - Avoid like the plague!
Point of View - Bit hit and miss, you seem to get charged for repairs in the final year of warranty (!) and the base looks to be somewhere in Asia. - Avoid like the plague!

Last edited:
Soldato
TBH i think you can rake xfx off the ocuk list. They send it back to xfx and wait for them to replace the card. Even if they have them in stock.

Well I still think it's better than having the warranty through XFX directly as at least somebody can be held accountable for the card, even if it does take ages.

I'm more trying to separate those who ask to send it back directly to some European (or further) backwater and then literally observe radio silence until you give up. At least with OcUK you can keep hassling them.

What are the turnaround times like on Gigabyte/KFA2/PNY?

Back
Top Bottom