1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gravel/Adventure Bike - £1k

Discussion in 'Pedal Powered' started by -westy-, Sep 11, 2019.

1. -westy-

Capodecina

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a gravel/"adventure" bike, with a budget of around £1k (through Cyclescheme at work). I currently have a Kuota K-Factor Carbon road bike, however it's getting on a bit now and the frame is a touch small for me. I'm looking to upgrade - the reason for looking for a gravel bike rather than just a road bike is that I'd like to use a few easy trails as well, having 25c tyres is a bit tough going! So the larger tyres would help with that.

I took a look at the Whyte Glencoe at the weekend and loved it, but I was hoping to look at some alternatives before taking the plunge.

Any recommendations?

2. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

3. SoliD

Capodecina

Pinnacle Arkose whatever you can afford for 1k, maybe top it up to get one with Tiagra all round, great bikes, still like my 2015 version and goes great as a winter bike now it's no longer needed for CX duties. Did a whole season and a half of CX without any issues.

4. -westy-

Capodecina

Thanks - something like this?

5. SoliD

Capodecina

I'd plump a bit more and get this with full hydraulic brakes!

6. TallPaul_S

Soldato

Definitely get hydros if you can, the cost to upgrade later on is a few hundred quid.

7. -westy-

Capodecina

Thanks all - probably going to head out on Friday afternoon to check some bikes out in person. Any places to recommend/avoid? I haven’t bought a bike in years (my current one was second hand..), so I’m a little out of touch!

I’m based in St Albans :)