Great First day back at work...

Is there anyway you could proove its your bumper? like any mark or scuff on it you could say about off the top of your head and a photo of it for example?

If so I'd contact the police, and explain and show them a picture of said mark of bumper on your car then go and view the bumper and match it up.

If it helps at all, here are a couple of photos of other Fiesta ST bumpers the chap has sold, for which the buyers didn't leave feedback:

siilverbumper.jpg

whitebumper.jpg

If it helps at all, here are a couple of photos of other Fiesta ST bumpers the chap has sold, for which the buyers didn't leave feedback:

siilverbumper.jpg

whitebumper.jpg

when was the white one sold? This looks like another seller?

Is there anyway you could proove its your bumper? like any mark or scuff on it you could say about off the top of your head and a photo of it for example?

If so I'd contact the police, and explain and show them a picture of said mark of bumper on your car then go and view the bumper and match it up.

Yeh theres a graze from parking into a post and hitting some bushes down a single track lane.

Same as most bumpers really :(

Last edited:
doesnt matter if its mine or not, why does has he had 5 bumpers in his bedroom over christmas?

You want the answer he will give plod or the real answer ?

Answer one is officer i buy these legitimate and here is my receipt.

Answer 2 is because he is a little **** bag, but you need to know he is "your" little **** bag before you go dragging him out of his mums house by the hair.

Answer 2 is because he is a little **** bag, but you need to know he is "your" little **** bag before you go dragging him out of his mums house by the hair.
Very tricky one.

Overlag, personally I would suggest contacting the seller (with a throwaway email/website account) asking for photos of the actual bumper under the pretence of inspecting the condition.

Their account (looks like a couple's shared account by the range of items purchased/sold) was used to buy accessories for a Canon EOS 400D, so I expect they'll be all too happy to whip that out and send some high quality photos your way.

If you can muster a reasonable-sounding excuse, ask for close-ups of any scuffs or the clips; I'm guessing the latter in particular would be an immediate giveaway as to whether its yours or not :)

Last edited:
Very tricky one.

If you can muster a reasonable-sounding excuse, ask for close-ups of any scuffs or the clips; I'm guessing the latter in particular would be an immediate giveaway as to whether its yours or not :)

I agree, from a read through this sounds very tricky. I had a similar situation with a stolen phone appearing on ebay.

Possibly using the excuse that you are either looking to respray the front bumper when you get your bonnet done or maybe that you are about sell the car and somebody has reversed into your car and damaged the bumper, so replacing it is your only option, but you have to see the scuffs on it to see whether it will affect resell? I'm sure people can think up alternative excuses?

I agree, from a read through this sounds very tricky. I had a similar situation with a stolen phone appearing on ebay.

Possibly using the excuse that you are either looking to respray the front bumper when you get your bonnet done or maybe that you are about sell the car and somebody has reversed into your car and damaged the bumper, so replacing it is your only option, but you have to see the scuffs on it to see whether it will affect resell? I'm sure people can think up alternative excuses?

yeh i made a cover story saying i crashed in the snow, and need a new front bumper etc had someone else email him.

I used "mangobreeders" (my brother in law) account to email the guy who just brought a bumper from him and his reply:

Hi there,
bumper was complete nothing missing! It had one small scratch which polished out. We were really pleased with it. We wanted to collect the bumper, but he said that he was visiting a relative in the area so delivered it. We didnt pay him for delivery though ! He was a bit difficult to get hold of on the phone and to be honest not the brightest bulb in the box, but the bumper was fine, so cant complain.
Good luck with it!

hmmmmm interesting. wouldn't let them meet at his place, and not the brightest of blokes...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom