Great Games That Lose Their Way Near The End

Caporegime
Serious Sam suffers towards the end, it stops adding new things into the mix and has some stupid gimmick boss.

:eek: Stupid gimmick boss? Greatest end of game boss ever, I was playing it with a mate in co-op and he just said "don't turn around, there is a huge ******* demon climbing over the wall"

Man of Honour
I just loathe bosses where you can't kill them unless you do some stupid 'trick' like jumping through hoops to trigger a laser or whatever. If I've stockpiled 15 BFG shots, 100 rockets, and more 9mm rounds than you can fire during the running time of the entire Terminator film series, then I should damn well get the opportunity to nail the ****** with it.

Soldato
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.

The first part of the game kind of lets you play how you want to. By the end, if you don't have a sufficiently combat focussed character, you're stuffed.

Permabanned
Far Cry - Started off great but once the monsters appeared I found the game quite boring and couldn't get into it anymore.

Never got any further in the game, need to go back and complete it at some point.

Soldato
I can't remember exactly now but I played up until the point where you are back in the city after travelling seemingly for ages on that coast roast. I just go so so so so bored and just uninstalled the thing. That's warrant enough for me to say that this game lost it's way towards the end.
You missed the best part of the game then

Associate
Also have to agree with Half-Life. Never bothered to complete it I just thought the xen stuff was ridiculous and tedious in comparison with the rest.

Also FEAR - end scrap with Alma was over, I seem to remember, with a couple of pistol whips. Massive anti-climax.

Last edited:
Soldato
Farhenheit. It completely lost the plot near to the end I didnt have a clue what was going on. I did complete it though, just in the hope that the end bit might somehow turn out to be a dream or something.

Soldato
Jedi Knight: Jedi academy has a rather rubbish end level where you fight the re-incarnated sith lord guy whos meant to be a beast but easier than 90% of the sith guys on the level before which could 1 shot you if you made 1 single mistake on normal difficulty and was a pure nightmare on jedi setting lol.

Crysis warhead also has a rather irritating ending as you get a really nice weapon to play around with for about 30 seconds then it ends argh -.-

Fallout 3 without expansion packs also has a rather frustrating ending if you do the main storyline as the save game puts you in a position where you cant really do anything but finish it (killing you lol)

Soldato
Can't agree with HL, I loved Xen, I loved the entire game...

Also dissagree with Bioshock...I seem to be one of the few that loved it in its entirety.

Doom 3 - The game rocks some major socks up until the last boss, for which you have been saving untold piles of ammunition, only to be told "oh no, sorry just use this stupid ****ing box you got a while back".

Major **** slap.

uv

uv

Soldato
Bioshock.. great game, appaling boss fight. I chucked a few RPGs at him, then wrench-jockeyed him to death.

I've played it through a few times, as I love the majority of the game, but the end boss was such a paint-by-numbers letdown.

Associate
Half Life : Start is meh, middle is cool, end is WTF?
Far Cry : Pink rubber monsters are a no-no.
Crysis : Cold aliens are boring.
Far Cry 2 : Ok, it lost its way after about halfway through the first area.
Farhenheit : As soon as the 'Old mystical cult' came up, I died a little inside.
Battlezone 2 : At about mission 14 i think
Battlezone : When you encounter the Furies. Prefer to shoot Russians thanks.

Associate
Played through most of Tomb Raider Underworld and rather enjoyed it but it goes down to the Valhalla (iirc) levels where it's one great big room with pillar after pillar of one wrong move and you die screaming "fun" and I couldn't be bothered to finish it.

Associate
Nothing will ever be close to Fahrenheit for this one. Fantastic game till about three quarters of the way through then blam. What the hell happened there. Hope Heavy rain doesn't follow suit.

Back
Top Bottom