Great OcUK Annual Survey 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi all,

I plan to run one of these once a year to see the evolution of the make up of the forum.

The majority of the questions are optional, so if you're not comfortable then don't fill it in. Also I know this will be open to trolls but there's not much I can really do about that except try to filter out the crap myself.

I will leave it open to responses until a week Sunday 15/09/19

I will post my own graphics with some results shortly after. On top of this I will post a link to the .csv file with the results in if anyone wants to look at the data themselves.

Here's the link: https://forms.gle/jsbTkjUQxfJXpWde7

Also I am totally open to feedback for adding more sections and more questions.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
No - it's not for a thesis, or for my own benefit, I'm not doing it for OcUK (the business), I'm doing it for the forum community. As such it's completely optional, if you don't want to do it, by all means ignore it and move on.

Man of Honour
Done although stayed neutral on much of the political guff as frankly that's for speakers corner and I generally never go there either.

Soldato
I'm not sure why I had to upload a naked picture of myself to prove who I am but at least using my bank details as the password was easy. Good poll! :D

Seriously though a few questions need extra answers -

Education - no qualification for ONC/BTEC/NVQ etc.
Forum use over the last year - no answer for "same amount".
Housing - no answer for "own a house but don't live in it due to working in a different location etc".
Scottish Independence - yes/no is too binary, there needs to be "no but if they voted for it I would not stand in the way" etc rather than an outright No meaning "No - Never" which is the current answer.
Political stance - no "centre" alone, you have to pick left or right wing centre which, if you're a centrist may change depending of the subject matter ie I'm centre left for people's rights but centre right on justice etc.

A little Brexit heavy but its the biggest shake-up of UK politics in 70+ years so I understand the reasoning, hope you get the info you need.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not sure why I had to upload a naked picture of myself to prove who I am but at least using my bank details as the password was easy. Good poll! :D

Seriously though a few questions need extra answers -

Education - no qualification for ONC/BTEC/NVQ etc.
Forum use over the last year - no answer for "same amount".
Housing - no answer for "own a house but don't live in it due to working in a different location etc".
Scottish Independence - yes/no is too binary, there needs to be "no but if they voted for it I would not stand in the way" etc rather than an outright No meaning "No - Never" which is the current answer.
Political stance - no "centre" alone, you have to pick left or right wing centre which, if you're a centrist may change depending of the subject matter ie I'm centre left for people's rights but centre right on justice etc.

A little Brexit heavy but its the biggest shake-up of UK politics in 70+ years so I understand the reasoning, hope you get the info you need.

For he ONC/BTEC/NVQ I do in the question say please select equivalents. But agreed it's not great for those who did those qualifications.
Forum use - agreed, that's an oversight, my apologies.
Housing - eh, I'd still just put down own a house with a mortgage (or without) doesn't say anything about living there or not.
Scottish Independence - These questions are deliberately quick fire and snappy, similar to the apple v android ones and the acceptable v unacceptable ones. There isn't room for nuance on them and that's why we have them forum.
Political stance - no centre alone is deliberate. If people identify with the centre I'd still like them to pick one side, even if it's slight.

I know it's not perfect and I apologise for the oversights. I'm happy to reword questions but not particularly happy to add or remove answers now.

Soldato
Thanks for the reply, those are just suggestions based on my own answers which may/may not apply enough to be worth changing the poll for.

However, as mentioned the centre left vs centre right answer, like with the Scottish question, I really do feel its too binary to give an accurate representation of people's true feelings which may/may not skew the results you're after.

Soldato
Hi sorry about that, I've reworded the salary question.

For self-employed is it the employment status question where you think there should be an option?

Yeah, the employment status. It's a standard differentiator and would certainly be useful here to see the split as I know there's a few directors and proprietors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom