Great Samsung Deals - 206BW, 226BW, 2232BW & 245B !!

Caporegime
Going to order the SM-245B tomorrow. :)

Went round to Tefal's today to check out/help him his new build and his new BenQ FP241W and I must say that monitor is awesome. Just wish I could buy one. :( Will have to settle for the Samsung. :D

C64

C64

Soldato
Really? does it say made in slovakia on the back? no stuck pixels have you tried setting desktop to all black all white etc yet and looking? can i ask if you have ever owned a good crt? to say blown away is a bit over the top imo try moving your head up or down 2 inches and watch the colour shift and the tearing omg the tearing.If i ever buy a tft again it will never be from online as you have to pay to return if dead pixels.My worst fear is i am sitting with an S panel and i still think it sucks lol.But getting stuck bright green pixels slap bang center that show up on everything but white is just not on imo that you have to pay for a return.Get an s-ips spva screen guys if your going from crt the viewing angles are unbearable to me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Dont hate me because you dont like your monitor, yes I have owned many "good" crts... no dead pixels at all, colours are vivid and look great...

C64

C64

Soldato
Lol i know for a fact if you lower your head 2 inches it looks terrible i don't hate you enjoy your monitor i will return mine for a full refund and get my crt.and be done with tft until led are out.

Permabanned
Move my head up and down a good 5 to 6 inches.. yes a slight colour change.. terrible.. not at all.

I am sure you said you had the back off in a previous post, I thnk that will void your warranty tbh.

OcUK Staff
OP
Lol i know for a fact if you lower your head 2 inches it looks terrible i don't hate you enjoy your monitor i will return mine for a full refund and get my crt.and be done with tft until led are out.

Hi m8

Sorry to hear about your poor transition from CRT to LCD.

Before I got my LCD I had a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u which was considered one of the best and I too was not confident with changing to LCD. However I got offered a 30" DELL for £500 so I could hardly say no for such a screen.

Now I don't know what panel the 30" DELL uses, its the non-HC model but I can look out it from below, above and left to right at extreme angles and the colours hardly change and as such its a superb monitor.

Now the Samsung you have is a TN panel and all TN panels have generally poor viewing angles, especially from below. However before you give up on LCD's why don't you look at something thats not based on TN technology like the 24" DELL's, BenQ 24's or the NEC 20" as I believe like my 30" DELL these have far superior viewing angles.

Let me just say I'd never go back from my 30" DELL to a CRT now and I am sure the 24" DELL's are no doubt just as good as the 30" model. :)

Soldato
gibbo people buy those 22's because they are cheap. i felt into the trap too and got the 226, that was a lesson for me. never again TN.
And i was coming from an EIZO S1910 S-PVA panel , saw the 226 being cheap, widescreen, huge 22 and pull the trigger

from now on , quality>quantity

C64

C64

Soldato
The whole thing is just flawed to me it has this awful concave like stretched widscreen effect i just fired up bioshock and it was like playing a different game from the crt no details blacks being drawn like an old racing game on screen and this horrible line that goes accross the screen yes i know vsync but i dont want my game limited to 60 fps.

For me the only use for this would be films and browsing.Coupled with the fact i have green pixels dead center 3 of them which show up on everything but white and green which ruins films as all you end up looking at is the bright green pixels it has put me off tn film tft's for life i may yet buy a dell 2407 non hc.

If the price is right before i have the money for that crt just wish crt's with widescreen were available still.Only way i can describe what it's like is to compare it say to a tv out svideo lead to a widescreen tv it's about three times the quality of that which is pi** poor tbh.

Overall it just feels wishy washy and half cut,to be fair i knew what i was getting in to though but hoped i would get an S panel obviously samsungs statement that all screens as of jun07 are made by them is false i certainly will not be buying any samsung products ever again not even their mobile phones.

Am not angry at all and will happily swallow the return delivery price at least now i have experience of so called top end tn film monitors.
But then other people have this monitor and love it which i am bemused by but fairplay if they are happy good luck to them.
As far as i am concerned stuck pixels on a brand new monitor is an inherent fault and can't see how it can be proven otherwise.

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
Move my head up and down a good 5 to 6 inches.. yes a slight colour change.. terrible.. not at all.

I am sure you said you had the back off in a previous post, I thnk that will void your warranty tbh.

No i did not i said i opened it meaning the box actually :D

Permabanned
How are they going to know you openend it if you do it carefully? You must have a rogue TFT mate. Definitely don't give up with TFT's though. I have an 17" in front of me now. Took me ages to move over from CRT. I won't be going back!

It is a lovely monitor. Crisp and perfect on the eyes. Thing is, i want a 19" WS now!

I am looking around for the right one. It is always hit and miss if you get one that is superb or has problems. I know i had a few before i had this beauty!

C64

C64

Soldato
I haven't given up on tft just tn film tft if i do buy another it will be spva dell 2407 yes viewing angles do matter, sometimes i like playing a game slumped in my chair, or leaning back to have to sit perfectly upright and still just so the shade and colours don't shift im not a fan of.I tried watching a film last night in bed my screen was about 1 foot above my head i couldn't make out the picture it was just a mess of dark shades and blur and that was the nail in the coffin for me.Tn film is good for general office use browsing occasional gaming but no way can it be counted as an all round multimedia screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some weeks ago i posted in another thread that i had bought a 226BW. Mine is without doubt an S panel, both on the back and the hidden menu. I bought it from a man in a purple shirt, a lot cheaper than anywhere else(including on line e-tailers)at the time. The probs that people seem to be having, C64 in particular are completely alien to me. This screen is without doubt the best screen i have ever owned. But, and there's always a but, with something as important as a screen, why oh why don't you peeps go and look at it first. All the complaining that has been going on could have been solved just by going, looking, and trying it. I must admit though, what Samsung has done has such a STINK about it, i for one will NEVER EVER trust them again. But also i think it will be very hard for me to trust our hosts on matters like this again. If OC/UK has as much clout as it claims it has and at the same time has the trust of us, the clocking and gaming community in the uk, then why oh why dos'nt it insist 100% to it's suppliers that it get's what it wants. In all other walks of retailing, if the manufacturer is lying to it's retailers, then the retailer would dump it pronto. OC/UK has known about this problem for ages, hell it's been brought up enough times on this forum. And what have they done about it, NOTHING. So folks, i say speak with your wallet.

Permabanned
Just been doing some checking around on this info, the hidden menu that tells you the screen type is accessed by the following...

- Set contrast and brightness to 0
- Press the « Menu » button
- Press the « Source » button for 5 seconds (the second one on the right)
A hidden ''Service Function'' menu will appear including Panel Info on the bottom which clearly indicates the panel’s origin and reference.

My screen is AMLCD 220M1 and that looks to be a "S" screen.

:)

Soldato
Just been doing some checking around on this info, the hidden menu that tells you the screen type is accessed by the following...

- Set contrast and brightness to 0
- Press the « Menu » button
- Press the « Source » button for 5 seconds (the second one on the right)
A hidden ''Service Function'' menu will appear including Panel Info on the bottom which clearly indicates the panel’s origin and reference.

My screen is AMLCD 220M1 and that looks to be a "S" screen.

:)

whats the build date?

Back
Top Bottom