Great Samsung Deals - 206BW, 226BW, 2232BW & 245B !!

Associate
My Sammy 226BW just arrived this morning.:)

Made in Slovakia August 2007, I don't know what panel it is but
I'm really happy at the moment. No dead pixels that i can see, but there
is slight backlight bleeding from the top and the right side of the monitor, nothing major that i can't live with.

Can't wait to start gaming with this thing.:cool:

Tom, did you get yours yet?

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

OK folks, This Week Only has changed, the prices have gone back up, but I have tried to get the prices back down to where they were or close. :)

However do check out these new Samsung deals that are on the new This Week Only:-

Samsung SM-223BW 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Glossy Black
MO-056-SA_400.jpg

Imagine having elbow room on screen. That’s exactly what you get with the Samsung BW series of widescreen LCD monitors. Wide 16:10 aspect ratios let you multitask, with room for more than one application at a time. The extra room also makes working with graphics programs and multiple tool palletes easier. An ultra-fast 5 ms (G to G) response time is perfect for motion graphics editing. And exclusive MagicBright 3,™ MagicColor™ and MagicTune™ technologies give you complete control over outstanding color. All the color. All the room. With the Samsung BW series, it’s not hard to imagine.

- Viewable Area: 22” Widescreen (1680x1050 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog / Digital
- Response Time: 5ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/ 160°
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with Samsung

Price: £159.99+VAT (£187.99 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

Samsung SM-2032BW Pebble 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Glossy Black
MO-063-SA_400.jpg

Take the time to appreciate the style and precision of these inspirational monitors from Samsung. Their award winning design will redefine how you view entertainment, bringing a fine balance of fashion, fun, and function to your enjoyment. Their wide screens, perfectly framed in a timeless glossy black bezel will add fresh new depth to movies, games, and all multi-media experiences. With Samsung 2032BW(GW)/2232BW(GW)/932MW(MG)/2032MW(MG), it's not hard to imagine. Welcome to a world of width in which pictures are displayed with rich clarity and deeper resonance. Express your own unique sense of identity and beauty with the beautifully unique style and form of the 932MW/2032MW/2032BW/2232BW monitors from Samsung. Recognized at the 2007 iF Design Awards for their outstanding contemporary design, these monitors combine soft contours, clean cut lines, and a smooth surface into a premium, yet minimalist finish which gives you more space to express yourself. Enjoy creating the ultimate atmosphere for optimizing your engagement with your entertainment. The wide screen enables you to enjoy movies and games in the format that they were intended to be enjoyed. Multi-media comes to life in a burst of accentuated reality ,allowing you to see more, feel more, and enjoy more. Design innovation is born of inspiration. Allow the inspiration of our design to inspire you to reach new heights. Gentle, organic lines and curves eliminate sharp edges, bringing harmony and balance to any environment. Enjoy a sense of comfort and elegance with the smooth, bolt-less surface. Samsung is proud to introduce a revolutionary hinge mechanism that adds freedom, flexibility, and expansive expression. The iF Award winning world’s first elastomer ball hinge system rotates with a graceful, fluid motion, and offers soft, smooth monitor angle adjustment so that you can enjoy elegance and style in every detail. The most powerful images are ones that move you and inspire you to new depths of emotion. Enjoy the clearest, most vivid images that you have ever seen. Enjoy realistic motion images displayed at the highest speed, with vibrant intensity, on the clearest of screens with the Syncmaster 932MW(GW)/2032MW(GW)/2032BW(MG)/2232BW(MG) monitors from Samsung. By intuitively adjusting the backlight brightness a contrast ratio of 3000:1 is achieved. This innovative technology dynamically optimizes images, delivering deeper, richer, more vivid colors. Bright and dark images are dramatically enhanced to make your enjoyment more complete. The super fast response time (2ms) guarantees seamless viewing of motion pictures. No ghosting, no blurring, just perfect, fluid clarity. It is ideal for games, movies, multimedia or streamed media via the internet, so you can be sure that you will enjoy the highest quality images at all times. Enjoy crisp, clear images and richer, brighter colors. Enjoy perfect quality video images displayed at the highest resolution when using the DVI (Digital Visual Interface). Enjoy pure digital contents and a sense of security with HDCP (High Definition Content Protection); enjoy more security, more quality, and more entertainment.

- Viewable Area: 20” Widescreen (16850x1050 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog / Digital
- Response Time: 2ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/ 170°
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with Samsung

Price: £149.99+VAT (£176.24 inc VAT)

BUY NOW!!

I don't think I need to tell you guys that the 223BW is an absolute steal of a price. I've got one up and running here and needless to say it is simply amazing. Next too a Acer 2216W is completely outclasses it, sharper, better colours etc. Next to the 226BW it looks identical and I can't see any difference at all and therefor this makes the 223BW an absolute bargain of a buy. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Damn, I was at lunch trying to decide if I should buy a 24" 245B and I come back and the price has gone up :(

Oh well, i'll save some money and get a 22" I think, just need to decide which one now :)

Hi there

I should not be saying this, but the 223BW I think is the best value for money. For me personally I can't see the advantage of the 226BW, I should not say such things because we stock both but my personal advice is the 223BW is the better buy. :)

However if you don't like the style/design of the 223/226BW then there is the new Pebble 2232BW and that really is a nice piece of kit if you want something stylish. :)

Associate
UPDATE:

I just discovered ghosting issues, its very noticeable on a grey background.

I went into the hidden menu and found this:

Scaler MCU- Genesis
Version M-ME22W0BDA-1003
Checksum C329

I don't now what panel this indicates but its probably a C panel.

Overall I'm still happy, colours seem to be good, unless I'm blind.:confused:

Further testing needed.....damn!

Associate
is there an RTA option in the OSD? try turning it off if there is :)

I just turned it off and now I get ghosting even in this forum, I switched off the monitor and turned it back on and RTA switched back on.
Anyways, on bright backgrounds the ghosting is very noticeable.

Hmmmm.....now I'm starting to get worried.:mad:

Soldato
Q. Is the Samsung 226BW a TN panel? how about the new samsung ranges are they TN as well ?

226bw is TN film
im not sure about the rest of the samsung panels...but if your after something in particular then just look at the viewing angles..if it says something like 160/160 then its probably TN film..as far as i know its only TN film that suffer from bad viewing angles.

Associate
That above statement sums it up for me how is being below the viewing angle standing up duh. I am talking about when sat down if your short then your heads going to be about 1 foot under the top of the screen and it cannot be tilted forward any more so your stuck with a screen with the top half in a dark shadow unless you do a ronnie corbit style cushion arragement.As for my whine somebody needs to point out the negative side as some people are easily impressed by a sub standard screen and recommend it,just because they are easily wowed is not a reason to recommend it.
So you got an S panel and were lucky but somebody else may get one of the crap ones like me and some guy on here did and be utterly disappointed like we were, i did not fire it up find out which panel it was and then be disappointed i knew straght away and had no need to open it up.Other than saying how great it is i can't really see what you have or are contributing in any way.
Great you got an S panel well am i allowed to say i got a slovakian cmo and it was truely dreadful or do you want me to lie and say how fantastic it was?.If you get an S panel then it's a great monitor if you get a Cmo then it is not and the differences are not just color the viewing angles are far worse on the cmo as it is a completely different screen the only part that is samsung linked is the overdrive to bring to 2ms its the exact same model found in cmo's own brand $200 screen with 85/85 viewing angles, want to swap for my CMO panel then if you are so sure?i'll take your S and you have my cmo we have a deal?.

You just summed up all that i am going through. I've had a mistubishi diamond pro CRT for about 3 or 4 years and always had a crt. I took the plunge finally getting a tft. Asked around from a few mates and checked this forum and other reviews and decided to go for the Samsung 226BW and was praying for an S model. Got it out the box and set it up to find that the top half (when lookin at the screen from a sitting position) looks like a negative film. the viewing angle is awfull on this screen. Yup made is slovakia, im guessing a C panel, the worst of the worst. When viewing some text on webpages etc... around the black font is a pinkish haze, surely that can't be right....

Very disapointed in this monitor even after a lot of decent reviews and then the coin toss on which panel is delivered.

C64

C64

Soldato
You can do two things play around and try to calibrate it to a level where you are happy or send it back under the DSR law.All i know is which ever genius decided that the 226bw will not be able to be tilted forwards to even be straight (it's always on a lean back) yet can be tilted even further back which i simply find bizzare needs a head examination.The hp w2207 is the same price and has a far superior stand.I personally am done with tn film screens as i don't think any of them will ever impress me.What you need to remember is a lot of people simply sit straight upright in their chairs and keep their head still.And say how great they are having never even owned a crt or are going from very cheap tft's to this, so naturally they are blown away by it immediately and cannot comprehend how anyone could be disappointed with theirs.I have seen a few people state theirs is cmo and it's fine though whether they are telling the truth or not is yet to be proven.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Maybe some people have no experience with a slovakian put together cmo panel :D

Hi there

Can I ask what difference it makes with Slovakian put together panels?

If only CMO panels come from here than I can understand but if your trying to say that Slovakian made monitors are made to lesser standards then I'd want to see evidence because I'd quite frankly believe that to be rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom