1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greece parliament demand Germany pay WWII reparations

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Evangelion, Apr 19, 2019.

1. 4K8KW10

Soldato

The same applies to you. Give contra evidence please.

But since I am a good and nice person, I will help you.

Fiat is one 100% true example. Part of the automotive industry.

Another is the students at the universities who due to pressing needs from poverty, start going to low-qualification jobs while still students. Many don't take their exams but cheat, hence their knowledge level is low.

Incurvations of straight lines - look at their streets, infrastructure, etc.

2. The_Abyss

Capodecina

I'm sorry but that's not good enough on two counts. Firstly, you made the sweeping claim that Greeks are more lazy than other nations, so it is up to you to provide that evidence.

Secondly, evidence is not simply making another claim, such as many Greek students not taking their exams but cheating instead and their knowledge being lower. Neither does the shape of their roads.

What does Fiat the automotive manufacturer have to do with Greece being lazy?

3. 4K8KW10

Soldato

I didn't even use the word "lazy". I said that like the other Southern and especially Balkan nations, the Greeks prefer to party/chill/relax/play than to work.
    The shape of their roads comes directly from the inability to construct it in the most quality way.
    Compare roads in the Netherlands, for example, and the roads in the Balkan region.

The Dutch are famous with ASML, for example, which drives the semiconductors industry.
    The Balkan nations won't ever make so precise elements, they can't do anything so precisely.

4. The_Abyss

Capodecina

You responded directly to it and didn't disagree. Are you now trying to back track?

That was the chain.

I think you're trolling. You're persisting in arguing that the curvy nature of roads in Greece is a sign that they prefer to play rather than work, or have lower standards than the Dutch who build straight roads.

Differing geography springs to mind as a good example, but there's you've had three opportunities to provide evidence and you've failed to do so - in fact you've done nothing more than continue to label people as lazy simply because they come from a specific nation.

Reported.

5. dowie

Caporegime

Care to expand on that?

6. B&W

Soldato

To sum it up, in the middle ages when the ottoman Turks were at there border and Catholic Christians to the west they were not trusted by either side and were known for they're duplicity and deceit.

7. pmc25

Wise Guy

This isn't a serious initiative on the part of the Greeks.

It's just some nationalist tub thumping rubbish to try and placate the loons who think reaching settlement with the FYROM (now Northern Macedonia) is some kind of massive defeat for national pride and sovereignty.

More likely to just stir the pot even further though. Albeit a decent chunk of those who actually voted for it do really believe this claptrap.

Anyway, the notion that Germany hasn't paid enough for Greece's extraordinary largesse in recent years is ludicrous.

8. B&W

Soldato

Hence the saying "Beware of Greeks baring gifts".

9. Pudney

Soldato

No, that saying is derived from the classics, specifically the Trojan Horse.

10. B&W

Soldato

AHH yes your definitely right. But yet again another example of Greek deviousness. :p

11. dowie

Caporegime

What happened to our resident devious Greek. @Panos do they not have internet access yet in your village? Could do with some input here....

12. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

The bill alone for protecting the world's shipping lanes is astronomical and entirely paid for by the USA.

It's not garbage, to say so is to have no understanding of how the world works, they really do finance the majority of the defence and stability of the world.

I'll post what I posted before on the USAs defence contributions:

The long and short is, if the U.S. gets out of the game and reduces all of its current military deployments many shipping lanes will fall apart. Bab-el-Mandeb (Britain and France help a little here, but mostly U.S.), Malacca (All U.S and China is VERY aggressive here through South China Sea, pretty much the moment the U.S. leaves you can kiss this shipping lane goodbye unless you pay a toll to China.), Hormuz (Would nearly instantly be shut down due to the Shia in the region). While you might get small upticks in zones, like off the horn, where the U.S. doesn't focus, it would just cost significantly more to ship. If the U.S. went home, the global energy market, and the two largest shipping chokes on earth would quickly skyrocket in cost as every dictator who can go to an arms expo charges a toll. You have no idea at all the scale of the Carrier groups and supporting Military that the US provides to global trade and energy shipping, you expect NATO to cover this, or the UN?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  13. B&W

Soldato

Quick quick delete your post before the orange ape sees it and holds the world to ransom!

14. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

I think you're just being obtuse here, it's obvious that hes implying the US presence means Germany doesn't have to finance it's own (and hasn't for a long time now).

15. B&W

Soldato

Germany really should start upping it's own military, as Merkel said they can't rely on there old allies like they used to..

16. Zethor

Mobster

Nowhere in your rambling, paranoid rant did you show the US is paying any of Germany's bills. Cooperation is more efficient when there's a hierarchy and right now the US is at the top. The US uses its military to maintain its hegemony, while countries such as Germany, Canada, France or the UK contribute by distributing some of their productivity to the US. It's a natural, fair system that works better than any previously tried alternatives and the people who call for changes such as less interconnectivity, less cooperation and more "independence" within the Western World.. well, they just want to see it burn(consciously or unconsciously).

17. The_Abyss

Capodecina

So please evidence how the US funds the German defence budget.

18. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

I have provided an example of how the US funds shipping lane and energy transportation, this means other nations don't have to spend money on military assets to do the same. If you can't see the corolation you're either being ignorant on purpose, or just ignorant.

19. dowie

Caporegime

You are being deliberated obtuse here. No one said the US funds the German defence budget. The US does spend a considerable amount defending Germany though (and indeed other European nations).

20. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

Great, I didn't claim they were paying for Germanys bill's though. Please feel free to dispute any ramblings in my post also, I'll wait.

The example I gave is the U.S protecting shipping lanes, which benefits Germany and others massively and means they dont have to spend on defence to do it themselves.