1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greece parliament demand Germany pay WWII reparations

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Evangelion, Apr 19, 2019.

1. 4K8KW10

Soldato

So, after all, Greece was an ally to the Germany-Italy-Japan axis?
    As were also Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Finland.

It's interesting that in the post-war world, some of these countries, namely Romania and Bulgaria, are left by Germany without much of a help to develop their economies.
    Greece with its debt levels, is another story.

[​IMG]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_leaders_of_World_War_II

2. The_Abyss

Capodecina

No, I’m not and yes, someone has and failed to evidence the claim.

So please check your facts before making ignorant accusations.

3. Panos

Sgarrista

Getting involved with the ignorant mob, would be waste of my time. But since the moderators haven't taken any action to cull the racism, the media will do. Enjoy the publicity.

4. Panos

Sgarrista

France, Norway, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg were integrated to third reich or weren't occupied countries with puppet governments?

5. Panos

Sgarrista

FYI for educational purposes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dw.com/de/die-reparationsschuld-ist-nicht-erledigt/a-46188091

Last time checked he wasn't Greek or Polish...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1S215R

Nor is Reuters.

Poland and Greece suffered the complete destruction of their countries and infrastructure, with hundreds of thousands dead.

Both countries had to sign the 2+4 agreement.

And because Germany doesn't want to pay reparations, hasn't signed technically a peace treaty with those countries (yes technically we are at war still) and because of that Germany cannot have a constitution as is not an in peace according to their laws. Because it will have to fork out the damages. Which ofc Britain, USA and USSR grabbed in first served basis.

But all these are too technical for the mob in here.

6. 4K8KW10

Soldato

Nope, USSR, USA and Britain won the war. Greece and Poland lost it. I think this is why reparations would not be allowed.

7. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Glad I'm not the only one who recognised it for what it was. Sadly it seems it is ok to label and stereotype people by virtue of a country stamped on their birth certificate. Hey ho. Speakers Corner, intelligent debate of newsworthy issues...

8. Double07

Wise Guy

It is the internet, you really expect intelligent debate? ;)

9. The_Abyss

Capodecina

No, but when it is demanded it would at least be reasonable to expect some consistency in upholding it. In this instance the moderator team are happy that deeming a person lazy with no evidence other than simply by virtue of the country of their birth is an acceptable view, so the bar's been set.

10. dowie

Caporegime

What publicity out of interest?

11. Panos

Sgarrista

You stupid or something? How Greece and Poland lost the war? Didn't Britain declared war on Germany because the latter invaded Poland?
    Didn't Greece fought the Italians since October 1940 (6 months after the fall of France) and the Germans in 1941 until the total occupation of the country in April 1941? Didn't the British fought alongside the Greeks in Crete? Didn't the Greeks (what ever was left) fought alongside the British in Egypt?
    Or France, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg were also with the Axis by your own logic?

Which imbecile taught you history? Because he/she should be fired are completely inept at best.

Except if you are smoking something strong, given your recent posts.

12. Panos

Sgarrista

You are right. And exactly this, is the very definition of racism. Yet many will take up the pitchforks after this post, that they are not racists........

And unfortunately CPS is too slow these days. Few years back would have closed this forums withing 24 hours of reporting to them.

13. dowie

Caporegime

You think the CPS would close the forums because B&W said Greeks were "devious"?

14. Panos

Sgarrista

Have you read the whole discussion? Including your own posts

15. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Sgarrista

Would take them a few years to get out of GD if there was any evidence they would be worried about this thread ;)

16. dowie

Caporegime

Well yes I’ve read my own posts, I wrote them????

Care to offer an explanation?

17. StriderX

Capodecina

Greeks are about as much a race as Italians are, nobody cares about nationalist derogatory comments, just like how people call the French rude or the Germans boring.

18. 4K8KW10

Soldato

The victors are the countries that had contribution for winning the war. All the states mentioned by you (France, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Poland and Greece) were easily defeated by Nazis and had no chance to do anything meaningful alone.

19. B&W

Soldato

They already have my records, might just shut me down. :(

20. Nasher

Capodecina

The stereotypes aren't a serious thing really. We know the French don't always run away and smell of garlic, we just like to mock each other because it's banter. Just like how people insult each other at work but are actually good mates.

The problem is we now have sensitive types who take everything literally and at face value.