Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [12th - 15th August 2022]

fez

fez

Caporegime
He's hardly launched his head into him. He's gone chest to chest and connected with his head, its a soft headbutt.

Its only a little headbutt eh :p

He moves his head towards the other player to headbutt him and he had tried to headbutt him a few seconds earlier. Its pretty hard to argue that it was chest to chest and not an intentional headbutt.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Man football fans really need their heads wobbling at times.

Apparently Anderson has had hundreds of messages of abuse after the game yesterday along with death threats.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Tbf, the officials don’t even seem to consider pulling someone to the floor by their hair an issue. Maybe they’ll revoke the red card with the decisions so far!

I think a 3 game ban is fine, he’ll learn his lessons and that’s the end of it I’d hope.

Don
Man football fans really need their heads wobbling at times.

Apparently Anderson has had hundreds of messages of abuse after the game yesterday along with death threats.
It's not specific to football fans, it's lunatics on twitter. It doesn't matter if it's a footballer, actor, politician or whoever, 12 year olds on twitter believe they have every right to abuse and threaten them.

Man of Honour
Tbf, the officials don’t even seem to consider pulling someone to the floor by their hair an issue. Maybe they’ll revoke the red card with the decisions so far!

I think a 3 game ban is fine, he’ll learn his lessons and that’s the end of it I’d hope.
I definitely think he will learn his lesson, its not like we are talking about a player with a history of violence on the pitch, I think he has only ever had 1 other red card in his career to date? And he wasnt exactly known for violent conduct at his previous teams. For whatever reason, youth, naivety, pressure, he lost it last night, but as Neville said last night, it happens and most players, even the greats, lose their head at some point.

Caporegime
Andersen had Nunez wound up so easily from the highlight clips, gotta hope they train him on that soon as fairly soft

Caporegime
FaOnNeSXgAAco1W

Man of Honour
As far as on-field headbutts go, it was pretty bad, and he'd tried a few moments before too. He'll be lucky if it's just 3 games.

Don
I assume people are joking about extended bans? Violent conduct carries a fixed 3 game ban unless there's absolutely exceptional circumstances, which I think there's been about 2 or 3 times in as many decades.

Man of Honour
I assume people are joking about extended bans? Violent conduct carries a fixed 3 game ban unless there's absolutely exceptional circumstances, which I think there's been about 2 or 3 times in as many decades.

Ah ok - what was the last one?

Associate
Scumbag fans abusing Anderson. Everyone has them.

Sadly I saw a great clip on twitter that's been deleted of Anderson owning him the whole game. Winding him up more and more until he failed to back head butt him and then the last contact. Idiot. Hope he gets more than 3 games. Anderson owned him.

Don
Ah ok - what was the last one?
Suarez's bite I believe. Other than that the only other two that I'm aware of were the Joey Barton's rampage vs City and Ben Thatcher when he nearly killed Mendes. There's been full blown elbow's, punches and even another bite (which didn't even get a ban) that have not been extended.

Pet Northerner
Don
The only reason he might (and I do mean might) get a longer ban is because of the earlier attempted headbutt a mere seconds before. The fact he went in for a second so shortly could be seen as real malice and take it away from just being "in the heat of the moment".

Caporegime
Suarez's bite I believe. Other than that the only other two that I'm aware of were the Joey Barton's rampage vs City and Ben Thatcher when he nearly killed Mendes. There's been full blown elbow's, punches and even another bite (which didn't even get a ban) that have not been extended.
It’s not the length of the ban for me, but more the equivalence of it to other 3 game bans. Someone just pulling someone back when they’re the last man gets the same ban as someone who nuts a player square in the face. Seems strange.

Back
Top Bottom