Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 19th May 2022]

Man of Honour
The fans aren’t at the board’s throat for the Bielsa decision but the fact they decided to invest nothing in the summer and think we could over achieve again like last season. The fact they went onto sack a manager who got us into that position when the chance of relegation was probable was just the icing on the cake.

The point still stands, Burnley will win their final game and we will not. Unfortunately you will have to contend with them for another season.

Do you think the owners will be able to sort things out and get the club promoted again? That would be my major worry.

Don
Do you think the owners will be able to sort things out and get the club promoted again? That would be my major worry.
I don’t think they’ll stick around, there was a good connection between them and the fans when they came in, made positive changes after the Cellino/Bates era but I think the relationship might be unrepairable now. Radrizanni will sell his stake in the club and the San Fran lot will take over and bring in their own board. That’s my prediction anyway.

Associate
The fact they went onto sack a manager who got us into that position
I do agree and never understand when they sack a manager when it looks like they will go down. The same manager who was excellent at Championship level. It would make more sense to get promoted again and then tell them they aren't cut out for the PL.

Still lot's of football to go, can't see Everton getting another point either. They blew it and safety at Watford.

Associate
Draw or loss doesn’t really matter i suppose, GD was seriously unlikely. Hopefully they can hold on

but then so is a villa result :D
If West Ham had held on for a 2-0 win, Liverpool win by 5 or 6 at Saints it basically would have been who wins by the most on the last day wins the league.

Caporegime
If West Ham had held on for a 2-0 win, Liverpool win by 5 or 6 at Saints it basically would have been who wins by the most on the last day wins the league.

Something we’ve rarely managed even at points in season where we aren’t absolutely gassed or having Salah injured. Very unlikely

Shouldve just been better earlier in the season

Associate
It's like they want to get relegated. No way are they holding on with 10 men. I mean they finally get the chance of a full game with DCL and Richarlison and the defender get's sent off.

Don
Expecting a 5+ goal win is a stretch at the best of times but to do it when you're going to have to pick a half strength side is a bit much. Your scenario still requires us to beat Wolves (a very good defensive side) by more than City would beat Villa, which is also unlikely. Our only chance is/was City dropping points twice. We just need to find enough able bodies to scrape a win vs Southampton on Tuesday now and hope for a miracle on the final day.

Don
The worry for Everton and Leeds is that Stevie's going to put the kids out vs Burnley, resting everybody for his cup final next Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom